trouble pumping lava

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

buzzkilljr

Jul 29, 2019
I tried setting up a lava pump in the nether and it did not work.

I watched many tutorials but can not figure out why it does not work.

Place the pump over lava. Watch the boom extend down into the lava.
Place 4 Redstone engines around the pump. Place levers and turn them on.
Redstone engines only stay at blue level they don't go to green or red.

I put a tank on the pump and get no lava. Tried bc tank. portable tank. ender tank.
I tried using a wooden fluid pipe to a golden fluid pipe to the tanks. not working either.

Tried up high at my fortress and it wasn't working, so I went down to the shore and set up with no luck.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Pic or it didn't happen...

Also MC Version, Modpack, shoe size etc

But:

Portable tank can only input from top.
Redstone engines are slow, how patient are you being? It may take a while.
Wooden pipe won't work, nor will fluiduct on extraction mode.

Or that below:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
If it's 1.7.x it might be cause redstone engines aren't powerful enough to power pumps any more. Might try a magmatic / lava engine/dynamo. Prime the engine with a bucket of lava, then have the pipe from the pump run to the engine, then to your endertank/tank/etc

I literally just had the same issue last night. I didn't try with a magmatic, but I think I read that redstone engines stopped working as above.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Lies. They can input from the bottom too, or at least last time I checked :p
It is true they can input from the top and bottom. That's what input mode does. I know this because I used to use them for backup fuel storage. Could just whack them with a wrench to kickstart my boilers.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
It is true they can input from the top and bottom. That's what input mode does. I know this because I used to use them for backup fuel storage. Could just whack them with a wrench to kickstart my boilers.
Indeed they can, stupid of me my CL water generation inputs from the bottom, built it yesterday:/