Traincraft easy steel (mindcrack edition)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
As the headline says.
You can make steal much earlier in your game by making the traincraft crafting bench that only costs a workbench + 2 iron and some wood.

The recipe is as follows. 4 coal in a square makes 4 coal dust
8 coal dust and a single clay makes 8 graphite.
3 iron the top row with a single graphite in the middle gives 4 steel dusts. melt in a vanilla furnace and get 8 steel.

So at the cost of 1 clay and 8 coal and 24 iron you get a full stack of steel. and this steel is compatible with all of the steel requiring recipes in the game.

Reactions: DR3ADLORD

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
I will try this when I get back on sometime, but if this works... All I can say is Bravo sir (or ma'am), Bravo.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I will try this when I get back on sometime, but if this works... All I can say is Bravo sir (or ma'am), Bravo.
Just made myself a stack of steel no more than a minute before posting it here. had to test if it still worked in v7 of the mindcrack pack.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent a couple of minutes to see just how bad an exploit this currently is in the mindcrack pack.
It's actually very very bad come to think about it. steel is the hardest part to get in most of the powertools recipes, so those becomes much easier than intended again.
Traincraft also adds an easy mode tracks recipe that gives you a stack of tracks for 6 steel and a single stick. witch can be recycled with the alloy furnace back into a whooping 24 iron....
That is a lot of gain for the low cost of a bit of clay and some coal.....

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
It has been already stated in several places that this is not intended and will be fixed in a future update.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but it is currently ruining servers right now. Is there any way to disable it in the current v7 MindCrack pack?