Trackman's Goggles?

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
While I was playing I decided to make these goggles and I wanted to know what they can let you see. I know you can switch from 2 different auras but what do those auras let you see that you don't usually see? Thanks for anyone who helps!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
from the railcraft wiki

Sometimes, the world you see isn't really all that is actually there. To help with this issue we bring you the latest developments in Augmented Reality, the Trackman's Goggles! These handy eyepieces let you see things about the world normally hidden, such as the Ender Fields that Anchor our world in place or the signals that link a Controller and Receiver together.

The Goggles must be attuned to the precise Aura to you wish to see, and can only view one Aura at a time. To switch the current Aura, you must put the Goggles in your hand and right click them.

If you disable the Goggles by setting the item id in the config to zero, then you will instead be able to use the hotkeys of your choice to enable/disable the Auras.

Macwillis

Jul 29, 2019
Ender fields is the particle effect that world anchors produce when active. In other words, shows what area is chunk loaded.

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'm stupid but I still don't understand what these goggles actually do. Okay they let you see ender fields and what's the world anchors? Just tell me what I could possibly get.

Macwillis

Jul 29, 2019
Anchors are Railcraft's version of chunk loaders. They keep an area loaded when the player is not in the area. Railcraft has two kinds, personal, which only work when the player is online, and the world anchor, which works all the time. Both require enderpearls to fuel them and load a 3x3 chunk area. The area affected is what the enderfield indicates. In other words, if you see purple particles like endermen, the area is chunkloaded.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently you can also track people with it, I just have no idea how...

That functionality is disabled in recent (1.1.3+) FTB packs because the "ghost" blocks it requires to work have bad interactions with all kinds of other mods.