Toby Turner (Tobuscus) is now playing with FTB!

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone enjoys watching Toby, in his latest Minecraft episode on his TobyGames channel, he has started using FTB!

Not sure which pack he is using yet though - but with his audience numbers - FTB could just about to become even more popular.

Hopefully he will actually do some research on some of the mods though, otherwise getting anywhere could take a long time - he doesn't even have NEI on screen, but when you start a new world, NEI comes up automatically, so I am guessing that he has already seen it, but just doesn't want to show it yet. He probably knows more about the mods and the pack than we realize.

So - just a heads up if you like watching Toby :)

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling we're going to have a bunch of new people around here asking for help and how do crafting tables work (because he doesn't get more than 1 thing done in any of his videos)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Toby will actually do something right for once, and actually become competent at doing something!
Oooooorrrrrrrrrrr the apocalypse could start. You know, fire and brimstone, crustal displacement, strange neutrino bombardment, dogs and cats living together, Starbuck actually finding Earth, the quarians and the geth stopping with the fighting and just making up...
I'd say the second situation is infinitely more likely.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
am i the only one who has the feeling that he only acts the way he does for show? you know? comedy value and such?

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
There is only one reaction I have.

:(

(Please don't tell me he followed me from Planetside 2 all the way here. Just when I decided to take a break...)

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if I'd use the word 'with' to describe what he's doing.
Perhaps playing 'against FTB' would be more accurate.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
am i the only one who has the feeling that he only acts the way he does for show? you know? comedy value and such?

Yeh, definitely to a point - but good for him - he is super successful for it and people love watching him.

I can watch him in small doses, but then I just get frustrated!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
This is why we need an FTB wiki. See, with a wiki we could just end all those "How does thumbcraft wand crafted" in the texture packs forum, with "go check the wiki". Without one, what do we do? :c

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
This is why we need an FTB wiki. See, with a wiki we could just end all those "How does thumbcraft wand crafted" in the texture packs forum, with "go check the wiki". Without one, what do we do? :c
Make sarcastic remarks and subtly mock the newbie's inability to use NEI to check recipes. If they're asking how to create a Thaumonomicon, then they're excused (to me, it's a bit of a leap of logic to go from 'hummmmmmm need stuff to record all my research on and I have a magic wand' to 'HIT THE BOOKCASE WITH THE WAND OH YEAH GENIUS').