TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
see the batch (.bat) file for running the server? make one of those for the tickthreading jar? batch files can be edited with notepad

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's not how it works anymore. It's a server wrapper now. When you place it in the mods folder, the server fails to start and then the TickThreading logs read that you need to place the jar into the main server directory and then run it. I'm just not sure how to run a jar in Windows, as I'm not very familiar with Java.
Edit the start bat to have "-jar TickThreading.jar" instead of "-jar <whatever .jar>"

Except don't, because it won't work because TT still isn't updated to 1.6.4 yet.

Reactions: Francis Baster

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Nallar: ProsperCraft is offering you a $250 bounty for a working 1.6.4 version :) I hope others will join in.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Its not a bounty until its paid, I would suspect anyone offering a bounty is just trying motivate Nallar and won't actually pay those kind of sums when he is done.

They should just straight up donate the money and trust that the project is being worked on.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't donate because I seem to remember reading him post somewhere that he likes incentives. However if you would like, Nallar I will send it right now.

Creeper- Instead of sweetening the deal you have instead soured the mood, ok, who can suggest a good bounty website? I would be glad to post the bounty to a proxy right now.

Its not a bounty until its paid, I would suspect anyone offering a bounty is just trying motivate Nallar and won't actually pay those kind of sums when he is done.

They should just straight up donate the money and trust that the project is being worked on.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Edit the start bat to have "-jar TickThreading.jar" instead of "-jar <whatever .jar>"

Except don't, because it won't work because TT still isn't updated to 1.6.4 yet.
Hm, okay. I just saw a new build on your website that was labelled for 1.6.4 and assumed it needed testing. But I did try that method, and it didn't work - the window just opened momentarily and then disappeared again almost instantly without doing anything. Perhaps this is a function of it not being ready for 1.6.4 yet. I'm curious as to how TickThreading knows which jar is the server jar, as they can be named different things?

Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
Try running TT on the server without those additions and see if it works that way. Then at least you'll know if it's those that are the problem.
Just some closure on this one. It boiled down to me trying to cram TT into an existing world. Loaded up Unl 1.1.7 with MCPC and my same plugin compliment and a fresh world and it worked. I was able to place AE blocks with no errors, etc. Not sure what in my existing world is making it freak out, but not something I have enough time to dig into at this moment. Thanks for the help/advice.

_AfterWind

Jul 29, 2019
I've started the TT jar properly, but after it patches every mod it says: "TT should not be installed in the mods directory. TT is now a server wrapper, put it in the main server directory and launch the TT jar."
But I've started it as a wrapper, still doesn't work though. Is there a fix to this or is 1.6.4 TT broken altogether?

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Is 1.6.4 even worth doing? 1.6.4 minecraft code is probably WORST server code ever done by mojang, and that is something. Memory leaks, ai can lock server, and if you have lot of mods then server lags like hell, previous versions ran smoothly compared to 1.6.4.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
I hope something can be done about it, though. I'm not getting OutOfMemory errors on the server, but select players' clients are, and I can only guess this is due to the number of mods rather than anything Minecraft-based?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019

Orbit

Jul 29, 2019
Nallar: ProsperCraft is offering you a $250 bounty for a working 1.6.4 version :) I hope others will join in.

Finally someone, who doesn't take Nallars work for granted and supports it!

That are very good rewards to lure Nallar back to work on.

Hope others will join the party!

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
That means your players don't have enough ram, tell them to allocate more and use some JVM arguments like these JVM Arguments for Modded Minecraft (Updated 12/30/13) | Feed the Beast.
I have, but some of them are restricted due to using a 32-bit version of Windows. Point is that they weren't suffering from errors on 1.4, but they are on 1.6. I tried reducing the view distance from 10 to 8 so that clients had to deal with fewer chunks, but this appears to cause a weird bug where the chunks in "rings" 9 and 10 around the player's spawning location never load. In other words, the player logs in, and all chunks within 8 chunks of distance load fine, but chunks 9 chunks away from the original spawn-in location don't get sent to client, nor chunks 10 chunks away, even when the player explores to them. Chunks beyond the 10th chunk load fine too. Resetting fixes the issue, but also reproduces it. Little annoying that players have to reset their connection to the server every time they travel 8 chunks.