Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

hitman60

Jul 29, 2019
Please make FMP optional

it somehow crashing my server on autosave with latest beta 9a

Code:
15:42:00 net.minecraft.world.MinecraftException: The save folder for world .\WorldBWG6 is being accessed from another location, aborting
15:42:00 [severe]  net.minecraft.world.MinecraftException: The save folder for world .\WorldBWG6 is being accessed from another location, aborting
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75762_c(SaveHandler.java:112)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72906_B(World.java:4845)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73042_a(WorldServer.java:1285)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:1257)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:559)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:799)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:675)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
15:42:00 [severe]  Encountered an unexpected exception MinecraftException
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75762_c(SaveHandler.java:112)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72906_B(World.java:4845)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73042_a(WorldServer.java:1285)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:1257)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:559)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:799)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:675)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

Last edited:

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I better clarify that - getting ahold of a server admin to restart the server and apply the configs, etc. can be difficult. And the timing just didn't quite line up. FC *is* a testing ground, but people play on it too. In particular, Redstone Arsenal being an entirely new mod would need configs to be set and vetted, which takes a bit of time as well. I don't want to sound like it's really that bad. I keep DW in the loop with builds, but I imagine he just kind of plays some SSP to get an idea of how the stuff will work.

As far as your post - you were in the right. I was pretty upset with how the whole thing went down myself; yelled at people more than I should have, including myself. Bit of an odd conversation there, but ehh. I know you weren't trying to be mean there at all, but it's completely fair to call us out on that particular piece of work.

There are a few issues that we're sorting out for b9b, but they're basically all related to some conduit integration issues at this point; so I'm really hoping we get through this phase quickly.

All artists have a tendency to kick themselves when they feel their work isn't "up to snuff" and, some would argue that coding is just another form of art. Like everyone's been saying, keep up the good work.

So this doesn't become another odd conversation :))), redstone conduits seem to be converting MJ just fine for everything BUT Buildcraft's lasers. They don't seem to want to draw energy from conduits at all. I'm going to assume that this fits under conduit integration issues. This occurs in both single and multiplayer.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Please make FMP optional

it somehow crashing my server on autosave with latest beta 9a

Code:
15:42:00 net.minecraft.world.MinecraftException: The save folder for world .\WorldBWG6 is being accessed from another location, aborting
15:42:00 [severe]  net.minecraft.world.MinecraftException: The save folder for world .\WorldBWG6 is being accessed from another location, aborting
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75762_c(SaveHandler.java:112)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72906_B(World.java:4845)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73042_a(WorldServer.java:1285)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:1257)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:559)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:799)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:675)
15:42:00 [severe]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
15:42:00 [severe]  Encountered an unexpected exception MinecraftException
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75762_c(SaveHandler.java:112)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72906_B(World.java:4845)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73042_a(WorldServer.java:1285)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:1257)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:559)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:799)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:675)
15:42:00 [javastacktrace]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

FMP isn't causing that. FMP is just being assigned all of this blame because people don't understand it yet. It is an API, much in the same way that Forge is. In future versions of FMP, the covers will be separated out into other jar files to help distinguish this fact. We cannot make it optional at this point and have no desire to do so. There is no evidence at all in any way that suggests instability caused by FMP as opposed to a mod using FMP improperly.

All artists have a tendency to kick themselves when they feel their work isn't "up to snuff" and, some would argue that coding is just another form of art. Like everyone's been saying, keep up the good work.

So this doesn't become another odd conversation :))), redstone conduits seem to be converting MJ just fine for everything BUT Buildcraft's lasers. They don't seem to want to draw energy from conduits at all. I'm going to assume that this fits under conduit integration issues. This occurs in both single and multiplayer.

That would be a laser-specific thing I think. It might have something to do with a minimum power threshold that they have. I'll take a look, but there's unfortunately not much more we can do as far as sending MJ goes - there's only one way to do it essentially.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that the RF usage for these things is extremely high and I was testing with Efficiency 5, but still these things are second to only the Blood Magic tools, which can destroy entire bases with single clicks.

RF usage is 100 unpowered and 400 powered. Get unbreaking III and it becomes 40 unpowered and 160 powered ;) Even the tooltips update :D

Edit: b9c duobled power usage ==> Normal: 200/800 Unbreaking III: 80/320. Max power stored also doubled from 80000 to 160000.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Well that's a darn shame. You guys need to edjumicate Direwolf, he's stated at least a handful of times that Forgecraft is used as a testing environment. I had no idea it was so difficult to push anything to the Forgecraft server, that's really quite a shame.
It is. They test what they want and when they can. No mod developer is "forbidden from distributing a beta until ForgeCraft has tested it" though. KL chose to release a beta version to the public, ForgeCraft decided to use it as and when they could fit it into their update schedule, and anyone else that is also using the beta will have to deal with the fact that it is still a beta. Beta has bugs. and ForgeCraft aren't our own personal testing skivvies.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Was just checking the Team CoFH website, and I see a version b9a has appeared for download. I wonder if this fixes the duct issue.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, ducts are now working under b9a!

But, either I'm doing something wrong, or there is another bug, but I can't get the filters to work under this version, but they worked in version 8.

Situation: MFR treefarm. Harvester dumps into a chest, ducts pull out of this chest and split in two directions, in one direction is the planter, which has a filter to only accept saplings (whitelisted). The other direction is a series of barrels, with one pipe set to red, so that saplings will go to the planter first.
But, logs are being placed into the planter. Is the filter only for pulling items out, not for accepting items too?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It would be nice if the ports on the outside of machines were a little larger, at the moment they're completely covered by ducts. It doesn't matter that much because you can tell from the duct if it is inputting or outputting but it is still something that bothers me.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Question pertaining ore (retro-)generation.

I want to add a mod to an existing world. That mod can make do mostly with the existing mod ores, but has one custom ore that it cannot do without. So far, my world is just using the normal worldgen configuration in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg, and nothing in the advanced WorldCustomGen.txt.

If I understood this correctly, I first need to specify a template in WorldCustomGen.txt, then set B:AllowCustomGeneration=true in CoFHWorld.cfg, so that the template is then imported into CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg on the next client start? Or do I need to manually add a section in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg that matches the template? And then I need to set B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=true in CoFHWorld.cfg, make sure that no other ore in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg also retrogens, load the world once, then quite again and set it back to false, yes?

P.S.: You have too many config files, KL! :D

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ducts are now working under b9a!

But, either I'm doing something wrong, or there is another bug, but I can't get the filters to work under this version, but they worked in version 8.

Situation: MFR treefarm. Harvester dumps into a chest, ducts pull out of this chest and split in two directions, in one direction is the planter, which has a filter to only accept saplings (whitelisted). The other direction is a series of barrels, with one pipe set to red, so that saplings will go to the planter first.
But, logs are being placed into the planter. Is the filter only for pulling items out, not for accepting items too?
Trying clicking on it with a servo, then setting the filter

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a laser-specific thing I think. It might have something to do with a minimum power threshold that they have. I'll take a look, but there's unfortunately not much more we can do as far as sending MJ goes - there's only one way to do it essentially.

I booted up version 9c today and, my lasers were active when I logged into the world. Thanks for nabbing that bug so quickly, what ever you did they're working perfectly now.

Edit: I forgot to add that the lag I was experiencing when placing pipes is gone, hurrah!

Edit again: Thank you for adding back the compatibility module for Metallurgy, I just caught that today.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@CascadingDragon Yes, I know how the ducts work now, that's how I'm able to set the filters.

Version 9c already? Is there a change log somewhere?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Golrith, the filter settings for input works for me so I'm not sure what's wrong with your setup. I think I'm using the b8a build if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
@Golrith, the filter settings for input works for me so I'm not sure what's wrong with your setup. I think I'm using the b8a build if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
b8 worked for me this morning, I updated to b9 this afternoon and the whitelist\blacklist settings are completely ignored, it falls back on the "closest inventory" method.
This is after applying the pneumatic servo to allow me to play with the settings.
It's going to be a right PITA to roll this back (I forgot to make a backup before playing with it and I am not losing what I did this morning heh should time major builds for when I'm not playing with betas :D)

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
b8 worked for me this morning, I updated to b9 this afternoon and the whitelist\blacklist settings are completely ignored, it falls back on the "closest inventory" method.
This is after applying the pneumatic servo to allow me to play with the settings.
It's going to be a right PITA to roll this back (I forgot to make a backup before playing with it and I am not losing what I did this morning heh should time major builds for when I'm not playing with betas :D)

You know, we have an issue tracker. This is the first I've heard of it, at all. Period. Filters are working in b9c as far as I know, and b9d as well. If you can show us a setup, that would help a lot.

Thanks. :)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
You know, we have an issue tracker. This is the first I've heard of it, at all. Period. Filters are working in b9c as far as I know, and b9d as well. If you can show us a setup, that would help a lot.

Thanks. :)
Yeah I do know about the issue tracker I was just doing a bit more testing to see if I could track down any reason why before I put it on there, also didn't know there was a 9d I'm on 9c so I'll give that a go first.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, I'm not the only one who had that filter issue. I like to post here first just to make sure I'm not going crazy. The setup in 8 worked, in 9a it didn't. Need to update further though now that it's on d! Hopefully filter stuff works.
KL & team, could you post here about any version changes, like other people, I use this topic to track the progress.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Just put the 9d version in and the issue is gone, somehow some of the buttons themselves had become reversed so it was displaying whitelist when actually set to blacklist but not on every duct, bit odd that. I'm certain that I set those particular ducts to whitelist previously and after updating they were definitely set to blacklist the items I wanted them to take. I have no odd rendering mods or anything I can think of that may screw with that, guess it's just one of those things. Working fine now, so you fix problems you weren't even aware of :D

(and I am now setting up the autobackup from the Servertools mod so I don't do my typical thing and forget lol)