Thaumcraft Research?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
So, since I last played FTB, it seems thaumcraft researching has changed. Previously I would use the scanned element point things to light up correct aspects/symbols on the sheet, before connecting them all to create a loop-like thing, completing the research. Now the symbols fade in on the research notes, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put paper. Can anyone explain this new research method?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we let our Loving Tentacle God explain for you?

...Also you have a base in the Spotlight area. Was the TC stuff added before 4.1 or NEI'd in?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Use paper and scribing tools in your inventory
Open thaumonomonomonomonomicon
Click research you want
Put note and scribing tools into table
????
Profit

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we let our Loving Tentacle God explain for you?

...Also you have a base in the Spotlight area. Was the TC stuff added before 4.1 or NEI'd in?
Thanks for this, the video is very helpful ^^

While I'm here, (as some of you may know), I discovered essentia tubes aren't so good anymore, and that I should use golems instead. How exactly do I use golems to move stuff from the arcane alembic/alchemical furnace into jars?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this, the video is very helpful ^^

While I'm here, (as some of you may know), I discovered essentia tubes aren't so good anymore, and that I should use golems instead. How exactly do I use golems to move stuff from the arcane alembic/alchemical furnace into jars?
Golem cores, research the entire tree
[/quote] I love golems for this reason

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Alchemy Golem core as the last research in the second to top line branching off the golem cores. Place a golem on the Alchemical Furnace then slap the Alchemy core onto the golem. If you have jars everywhere, you might need to grab a Golemancer's Bell, right click the golem and identify him to the jars. Note that you don't need to do this to every jar, just every separated group of jars.