Thaumcraft: How do you increase wand damage?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ok cool. I feel better. :)

With that in mind, what do you think is the most "powerful" staff/wand/sceptre combo for use in combat?
The primal staff again, with an appropriate upgraded focus, because of the +1 potency bonus. I don't have much experience with staff combat, having only recently attempted it, so I can't tell you what the best focus is for damaging mobs. I'd rather like to know that, myself.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
The primal staff again, with an appropriate upgraded focus, because of the +1 potency bonus. I don't have much experience with staff combat, having only recently attempted it, so I can't tell you what the best focus is for damaging mobs. I'd rather like to know that, myself.
I tend to think of ice as being the best close/mid-range single target focus, with lightning being the long range focus. Having said that, the ice projectile seems to go farther than the lightning bolt does, you just need to account for the arc since it's affected by gravity (which comes in handy when trying to snipe Ghasts out of the sky).

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
You make a sceptre with a rod, three caps and a primal charm. If you replace the rod with a staff core in these recipes, you will get a staff with a nonstandard vis storage capacity.

Do you have a picture of this or something? Or can you explain the shape? Or is this something I need to make on the altar?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Do you have a picture of this or something? Or can you explain the shape? Or is this something I need to make on the altar?
Check the Thaumonomicon for the sceptre recipe. Then replace the rod in it with a staff core.