Thaumcraft essentia piping...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
All,

I've been hand filling warded jars for a long time. Piping has been in the back of my mind for a long time. I did try once, and I just got the essence steam effect with only one jar filling. I have watched some youtube clips but they all have a bunch of valves that have to be turned which would take longer than I want. Now that I have the advanced alchemical furnace it looks like I have to do some kind of piping. Can anyone point me in the right direction by guide, movie, anything? I only want to fill four to five jars, I'm not interested in making a giant automated system that feeds to the runic matrix.

Bryan

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried the newest iteration: but right now all I can say is: don't...

Jars use "suction", so unless you use (manual) valves all essentia will see is the first jar. Jars also suck essentia indiscriminately: so they will just suck up any essentia untill they have at least 1 of a single type. (And then there is no way to prevent jars from going empty for another place).

So the only trick is to manually keep jars always at least have 1 essentia AND to put any jar into it's own system. - Which would leave you with 4 different directions you can connect jars to the alembic.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Is it important that you must use pipes? Because golems are a lot easier. Although if you only want to fill a few jars, then attaching pipes attached to jars to your alchemical furnace setup is quite easy.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is it important that you must use pipes? Because golems are a lot easier. Although if you only want to fill a few jars, then attaching pipes attached to jars to your alchemical furnace setup is quite easy.
^^^
Also, fixed that for you with critical styling.

One can lose one's mind trying to do a clever alchemy setup with pipes. Only one jar can "suck" on a network at a time; the valves are there to stop them from demanding essentia.

Golems work around the entire issue by just dropping off essentia wherever it fits in its target area. And if 100 jars are adjacent to one another, the golem will automatically consider all of them as a valid target.

Last edited:
Reactions: epidemia78

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what pack you're playing, but if you have Thaumic Energistics and have the time and resources to invest in it, you can store your essentia in an AE system.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I already just realized how much I botched my sentences in my first response here. I blame 17 month old children.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
On the matter of pipes vs golems. Pipes are better when you only dealing with a single type of essentia, such as a dedicated distillation setup for a lamp of growth. Golems work better when you are sorting out many different types of essentia. You could also cheat the matter using thaumic energistics.

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on an Infinity server. I have to admit I'm a lazy player. I have all my systems in either different rooms or far from each other. Something about Golems turn me off but I'm tempted to learn because I have a number of off-site arcane bores that I have to manually bring stuff back. . The thaumic energistics sounds interesting -- is that different than Applied Energistics 2? Do either of you have a good video to look at for more info? When I search videos, I'll find something that looks good but then winds up being out-of-date.

Bryan

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you can use AE2, Thaumic Energistics works on the same principles. Import Buses take essentia into the system, export buses push it out. Storage buses can be used on Warded Jars or Essentia Reserviors to allow the system to store essentia in them, but there are drives for essentia. The main differencs are in the two "interfaces" One interacts with pipes (and things like the thaumatorium), and the other is pretty much purely for infusion. Both of these can only export to my knowledge.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on an Infinity server. I have to admit I'm a lazy player. I have all my systems in either different rooms or far from each other. Something about Golems turn me off but I'm tempted to learn because I have a number of off-site arcane bores that I have to manually bring stuff back. . The thaumic energistics sounds interesting -- is that different than Applied Energistics 2? Do either of you have a good video to look at for more info? When I search videos, I'll find something that looks good but then winds up being out-of-date.

Bryan

Arcane bores seem like a lot of work for someone unwilling to invest the time to make a proper alchemy sorting setup.

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
Arcane bores seem like a lot of work for someone unwilling to invest the time to make a proper alchemy sorting setup.
Hehe, you would think so, but I find amusement just staring at them work. I know any quarry is so much better, but arcane bores are just so fun to watch.

Bryan

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019

Bryan

This is the video I used to get into it. It's extremely informative, easy to understnad and entertaining.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just thought I would throw it out there as they seem to be greatly undervalued: Essentia Mirrors!

Have golems sort your Essentia into Jars. Then use the Essentia Mirrors to teleport the Essentia to anywhere you need it(including your Infusion Altar etc.)