[Thaumcraft 4] Normal essentia jars to void jars?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
After redesigning my Thaumcraft room to have a bigger infusion altar (more arcane pedestals for Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI stuff), I stumbled upon a problem. I made all the jars normal ones(for each type of essentia & an empty one, just because), not void ones.

As far as I know Thaumcraft, if a jar gets full and there are no other available jars, the alchemy golem gets stuck when he will get more of that type of essentia (hope I explained the problem clearly, sorry).

The solution came to my mind immediately: I could replace all these with void jars, but I can't craft them if the normal jars have essentia in them. So here comes my question: Is there any way of replacing the existing jars with void jars without me losing all the essentia in them?

Here's the room, just because I want to show it off :p
zXQcRyB.png

Reactions: thebigbean

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
TT adds an essentia funnel, which will allow you to transfer the contents of one jar to another. Make a single spare jar, move all essence there, craft a void jar with the now empty jar, move the essence back, and repeat.

Also, impressive room.

Reactions: Wilder

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
TT adds an essentia funnel, which will allow you to transfer the contents of one jar to another. Make a single spare jar, move all essence there, craft a void jar with the now empty jar, move the essence back, and repeat.

Also, impressive room.

If I craft a void jar with a labeled (empty) jar, will the void jar keep its original label?
Answering myself, no.
Also found a bug (i think): I can put Essentia of one type in a jar that is labeled with another type using this funnel.

Thank you for the tip, anyway :D

Reactions: Padfoote

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
After I saw that the kami stuff needs more than 64 essentia, I've started setting up 1 of each jar for every aspect. If you use the funnel to empty a void jar, you will lose the void upgrade & get back a regular warded jar. You will also loose labels.

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
After I saw that the kami stuff needs more than 64 essentia, I've started setting up 1 of each jar for every aspect. If you use the funnel to empty a void jar, you will lose the void upgrade & get back a regular warded jar. You will also loose labels.
Is that so? Alright, I hope Vazkii fixes all these bugs with the funnel D:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is that so? Alright, I hope Vazkii fixes all these bugs with the funnel D:

TT has actually been taken up by a new dev, so it might be worth it to let them know (who ever it is, I can't remember).

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If I craft a void jar with a labeled (empty) jar, will the void jar keep its original label?
Answering myself, no.
Also found a bug (i think): I can put Essentia of one type in a jar that is labeled with another type using this funnel.

I've reported this for you on the TT github, good find.
If you want to add to what I've said, the report is here: https://github.com/Thaumic-Tinkerer/ThaumicTinkerer/issues/311

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
And you can use phials to get essentia out of a jar as well.
Yes, but I wanted an easier solution, not just keep a stack of about 8 phials on me. Also, phials can only take a minimum of 8 essentia at a time, and i dont have divisions of 8 in every single jar. Anyway, I solved that :D Half an hour later, all my jars are now void :3

I've reported this for you on the TT github, good find.
If you want to add to what I've said, the report is here: https://github.com/Thaumic-Tinkerer/ThaumicTinkerer/issues/311

Thank you sir, I couldn't find the link for Thaumic Tinkerer reports :confused:

Last edited:

nekosune

Jul 29, 2019
Answering myself, no.

TT keeps the jar type since a couple of versions ago, please only report bugs when you have tried it on the latest version :)
In regards to the label, I will add a check for that, it will be in the 1.7 release.