Thaumcraft 3 Aura Node Maximum Capacity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Magyk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been growing a node with silverwood trees, and the maximum aura level is above 2000. I was wondering what the maximum is, or if there is a max (likely there is a max.)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if there is a max or not, but I have found an out of control dark node that had over 10k Vis in it. So, I would say if there is a limit it is high.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen a screenshot of a mega-node measuring well past the 10k range. Need a lot of crystal clusters to even consider building one though.

Magyk

Jul 29, 2019
Do the nodes keep growing as they get bigger, or do they have a size limit?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the node Banzai was mentioning. The guy edited the NBT to make it so the node was so large that he couldn't fit in a single picture and if he tried to get even slightly further from it it would've been out of his render distance. However, while making one that size might be possible, it isn't feasible to do it and you'd be better off with multiple smaller nodes. One example would be to create 12 nodes at about size 3k, with a node of about 2.5k in the center. The 3k nodes will feed the smaller 2.5k node when it gets used and since it's spread out over a larger area you have more areas where you can place crystal clusters to help restore the aura. This also has the benefit of spreading any flux created over a larger area. Something else to note, the new Wand of a Thousand Hells that summons bats and the iron golems use aura like they're crack fiends looking for a fix, so unless you have a good aura restoration system in place don't use them too much or you'll get a massive amount of flux and aura depletion.

Reactions: Scaffolding

code_monkey_001

Jul 29, 2019
WAJVItM.jpg

Here's one that "happened" on TheNukeAndTurtle - a large node was almost drained by an arcane bore then started eating nearby nodes. Currently at 23k (about 18 hours after the above screenshot).