Problem Terrain.png for MC Overviewer

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a terrain.png that has all the textures from the Mindcrack/Direwolf20 packs? I would love to give my users a nice map, but i am worried that without the file lots of textures would be missing. I am going to run it anyway and see what it generates, and report back here.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
don't think there are texturepacks outthere that have all graphices yet, why do you wanna use mc overviewer? maybe dynmap is something to look at?
(using dynmap myself hence why i say it, just wondering what makes mc overviewer so good ;))

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I ran it with both of the texture packs in the launcher, and there were lots of missing textures, primarily rubber trees, volcanoes, etc. I can post a link to one of the generations if a texture pack creator wants to see whats missing, or for you guys :D

Skuld

Jul 29, 2019
don't think there are texturepacks outthere that have all graphices yet, why do you wanna use mc overviewer? maybe dynmap is something to look at?
(using dynmap myself hence why i say it, just wondering what makes mc overviewer so good ;))

I'm used to using Overviewer for Vanilla. However, if Dynmap is good, how has it been with the newest update to ftb dw20 and what did you have to do to get all the texture/blocks in so they don't look transparent?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
@Johnley, sounds like yout missing the rp2 graphics

@skuld i made a github issue from the author of dynmap. Together with him and a few other members we did lookup the eID's he needed and we helped him in that way to update it.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-but-blocks-dont-render-config-settings.7668/
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/issues/1111

The graphics should be fixed in V1.4 he released / is going to release (running a dev version myself to test if all is working)

I will definitely give dynmap a go, I remember using that on an old bukkit server back in the beta era.

Skuld

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've configured mine and tested it, Seems alright, I just need to get used to setting the world views.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Updated mine to the v1.5 alpha and this one seems to run quiet wel aswell. The possibilities are just to much to miss tbh :p

Reactions: Skuld

Skuld

Jul 29, 2019
Updated mine to the v1.5 alpha and this one seems to run quiet wel aswell. The possibilities are just to much to miss tbh :p
Yarrr. SO while using this do you have any specific terrain setups you like? Specific angles, etc? I'm always up for mixing things up.