Terafirmacraft 1.7.10

Erythreas34

Jul 29, 2019
I tried playing Terafirmacraft because a friend suggested it but after 10 minutes of playing i hate it. Every now and then i get huge fps drop down to 0 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. The packs runs pretty poorly. I tried disabling and enabling fastcraft and betterfps, giving it different amounts of ram from 1gb up to 8gb. The modpack i made has over 250mods and runs smoothly. This has 126 and its unplayable. Have someone found or know any other fix i could try?
I also tried all the different video settings and running it on the GPU instead of CPU

Z

zunda

I'm pretty sure that terrafirmacraft isn't made to be run with lots of other mods, it's essentially a game overhaul in every aspect so adding in a bunch of other stuff that potentially conflicts with what the mod is made to do probably isn't a good idea.

Erythreas34

Jul 29, 2019
You might posted this on the wrong post. As i never said i installed any mod. The only thing i said about mods is that i disabled/enabled fastcraft and betterfps, both being in by TFC's default.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Did you download and install from the official site?

Vanilla TFC is just forge + TFC. No other mods.

Maybe you installed a pack that contains TFC?

Z

zunda

Did you download and install from the official site?

Vanilla TFC is just forge + TFC. No other mods.

Maybe you installed a pack that contains TFC?

that's what I'm thinking, otherwise the 126 mods makes no sense. I don't know of any official packs that include TFC - might be a private one that his friend gave him the code for.

Z

zunda

Hang on I think he thinks terrafirmacraft itself is the name of a pack but not a mod otherwise his usage of it and pack makes no sense.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's a pack called TerraFirmaPack from the atlauncher. But I don't think it's that one because it (iirc) doesn't have BetterFPS.

Anyway, OP, you might want to have a look at that.

Z

zunda

it probably doesn't need it with not even a dozen mods, not sure which one the OP is using but as solman suggests I would say switch packs because mixing content mods and TFC is not something you are supposed to do.