Super Low Lag Ender Pearl Farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
alot more simple set up is enderIO farmer and end blocks to grow them on. ya it needs power and hoes. but its easier for the those that want a simpler set up

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
alot more simple set up is enderIO farmer and end blocks to grow them on. ya it needs power and hoes. but its easier for the those that want a simpler set up

That does indeed have a shallower learning curve. I tested the EnderIO farming station but I didn't care for its power requirements and processor load. It takes 40RF/t continuously whether there is something to harvest or not and its tick time is about 13x greater than the machine in the OP.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I certainly was too not long ago. I watched some DW20 videos and started using it for some things in my 1.7.10 SSP and only just recently learned about for each loops which was transformative for me. When it comes to automating some of the awkward mechanics of AE2.0 SFM is incredible. Certainly worth learning if you enjoy automation.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I'll edit the OP too but a word of warning, it would seem once the barrel gets full the ender pearl ends up getting thrown but not by the player and causes a fatal crash. You can log back in but as soon as another pearl is harvested w/o storage you crash again. My test world might be done which is no great loss. I'd rather find this out there than in my survival world.

Edit: I was finally able to fly over to my machine in my test world and indeed the barrel had 64 stacks in it. A simple condition on the inventory manager can prevent this if you know it is coming (which I didn't).

Last edited:

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
What pack did you use to make this ?

DW20 1.7.10 version 1.0.3 with MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmm and Rotarycraft v3d. I've also updated EnderStorage and WR-CBE to 1.4.5.27 and 1.4.1.9 respectively. I probably should have reverted back to an unmodified pack to make the world download sorry, it didn't occur to me.

I've also disabled JourneyMap and enabled Opis; not sure if that would make a difference.

Desoco

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.7.10 version 1.0.3 with MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmm and Rotarycraft v3d. I've also updated EnderStorage and WR-CBE to 1.4.5.27 and 1.4.1.9 respectively. I probably should have reverted back to an unmodified pack to make the world download sorry, it didn't occur to me.

I've also disabled JourneyMap and enabled Opis; not sure if that would make a difference.

Thanks mate, i'll add those in then :)

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I wish SFM had pastebin support or something similar to "copy and paste" other people's creations.

While we are making a wish list for VSWE, I would pay DEARLY for an upgraded machine inventory manager that could be broken and replaced and retain its programming. Like in ComputerCraft when you assign a computer an ID.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Add Ons has a disk you can use to copy settings, should shorten your 200 clicks to about 20.

iw_shawn

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be able to explain in greater depth the SFM commands you use for this farm? Or perhaps a YouTube tutorial.

I've watched the DW videos, but am still having trouble getting things working correctly. I've got the item valve working and it will collect and store seeds. I'm not sure how to setup the variables and conditions for the block gates, my version plants one seed then spits the rest out after.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Wish you typed out the steps for the code instead of just pasting and image.

I understand. There is now a video linked to the OP which takes you through this build.

Would you be able to explain in greater depth the SFM commands you use for this farm? Or perhaps a YouTube tutorial.

I have put off doing this because I didn't want to hassle with installing a USB microphone on my Linux machine since I am a rank amatuer when it comes to Linux. However, my builds which use SFM do generate a fair number of questions regarding programming the inventory manager so this morning I broke down and got my microphone working and captured a video going through the build. Once it is uploaded to YouTube I will include a link in the OP. I hope this helps you get this going and play more with this outstanding mod.

Last edited:

iw_shawn

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update, it should be helpful.

I did end up figuring out what my problem was, I set the element variable to the block gates instead of the white variable.

This build has really got me into SFM, I'd never tried it before, but really enjoyed figuring it out. After this build I went on to automate my AE2 inscribers, and everything went super easy.

Thanks for inspiring me to try out SFM!

Reactions: ChemE