[SUGGESTION] - DIEING SUN MOD PACK -

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wertyujh

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Today i was talking to some one on a server, and we were talking about what we would need to do if the sun suddenly shut down. Solar power obviously would not be possible (not even "night" generation because moonlight is technically sunlight), but it goes way deeper then that. you cant grow anything, you cant breed any bees except for the "cave" ones, the surface would be permanently dangerous.

Then an idea sprung to mind.
What if you generate a new world, wich has 10 or 20 days of sunlight to get you setup, and after that the sun explodes (we ignore gamma radiation here) and there wont be any sunlight. ever!
Our ideas included cave bees and uu matter generation (lava, water mills?)

If someone were too make a mod pack that includes this, I think it would turn out pretty cool!

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft eternal night, eternal snow. That would get you close, just not with the 20 day prior buildup.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You could jerryrig something like this with a command block, 2 timer circtut, some logic, and a chunkloader.

Go into creative mode and somewhere in world (Id suggest sky limit) set your command block to set time to somethign like 17000 then set up a timer for your day limit 10 days woudl be 80 minutes. Have that time flip a one way toggle that makes the other timer set to something like 1 or 2 minutes to repatly set off your command block.

Enjoy your everlasting night.

wertyujh

Jul 29, 2019
You could jerryrig something like this with a command block, 2 timer circtut, some logic, and a chunkloader.

Go into creative mode and somewhere in world (Id suggest sky limit) set your command block to set time to somethign like 17000 then set up a timer for your day limit 10 days woudl be 80 minutes. Have that time flip a one way toggle that makes the other timer set to something like 1 or 2 minutes to repatly set off your command block.

Enjoy your everlasting night.
That's a nice suggestion, but things like tree growth and other stuff will still happen. I am going to look into forge API and see if this is easy enough for me to do by coding.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
You'd need artificial light to make trees and crops grow, which is possible in reality, so why not in minecraft?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
if you plan on stopping tree growth.... yeah that is going to be one hell of a play through. I forsee lack of wood killing the game after about a months time.

if your looking to code lack of sun. Just muck with he sunlight level which is 15 with direct sky access change that to zero.

But trees will still grow with a torch.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
When we get the new mystcraft with celestial mechanics you can control the number of suns and moons an age has. Including 0 of both. So it is doable from within a mystcraft age. You would still have tree and crop growth through artificial light or bonemeal.

wertyujh

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the cool suggestions, I think having a large layer of something like bedrock at the top of the map would work as well. And i guess not being able to grow trees is a bit ridiculous.