Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron A. Anderson

Jul 29, 2019
Not to start a flame war over this, but the rules on page 1:

4. Mods that have not yet been updated to 1.4 will not be considered at all.
6. Unfinished Mods will have a very hard road to get in.

According to those two rules, KLP shouldn't even be considered. But I understand friendship and not wanting hurt feelings is really the underlying issue. And FTP = Slowpoke = Krapht's friend. Nothing wrong in this at all. And I'd probably do the same thing.

Zari

Jul 29, 2019
I know Metallurgy 2 has been suggested before but I think it'd be a good addition.
I also really like the infitools mods, don't know if those have been suggested already.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Just a reminder, this thread is meant for suggestions, and not for debate. If you must debate the merits of one mod over the other, please take it to a different thread. Thank you.

Reactions: Vauthil

Carl Joly

Jul 29, 2019
Kaevator's mods. They looked very interesting. Some were on server I played on 1.2.5. I don't know if they made it to 1.4.5.
The author gave permission to anyone to update his code.

Aelphais

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Little Maid Mob

Authour: MMM

Description: Created by users of 2ch and hosted on the Japanese minecraft forum minecraftuser.jp this mod adds maids found out in the wild. You make a contract with maids found out in the wild by giving them a cake. Then you pay them in sugar to continue using their services. The services they offer include fighting (both close range and with a bow), cooking, healing, placing torches around in dark areas, picking up items that have fallen around the place and a few other things.

Links:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1588265-
http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=176 (Japanese)

Tried this out as sort of a joke but found them to actually be pretty useful. They remind me a bit of TC3's golems but with a bit different use. It is updated to 1.4.5 and Forge compatible so perhaps in the 1.4.5 version of FTB. There seems to be a bit of a bug in SMP even though SSP and lan work fine, but I'm not sure on that as no servers I know of actually have it installed. The only real problem would be the permissions I guess, on the Japanese forum the post says you can redistribute it. If that means including it in a modpack too, I don't know and I don't read or write moonrunes so someone else would have to find out.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
+1'ing again. If FTB is so loved by the community that authors originally not willing to allow their works inclusion are open to it, why not take advantage of that?

Also, Balkon's weapons mod is awesome.

Adding to this, I asked Balkon in his Mod thread thread about FTB and got this reply from him, may I ask if it is being considered at all?

I have contacted him a few weeks ago, but never heard anything of him. When looking at the FTB forum topic where was written that I have not given permission, my mod was completely removed.

Timo Meijer

Jul 29, 2019
I'ld like to suggest Custom Ore Generation as an addition to the FTB pack.
In summary it creates a customizable generation of ores, which generally generates a bit alrger, more interesting formations of ores, but makes them much rarer.
I believe it's a good addition, as it adds a lot more fun and excitement to mining, especially with the ridiculous amount of ores totally added, as it makes finds special, instead of tearing the walls out of caves. It also makes the Quarry less powerfull, unless you already found a vein.
It comes with a default generation that's quite good and interesting, but is fully customizable.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Checking the IDs, one block of silver is from Factorization and there's another from GregTech. I don't know what would prevent you from making the Factorization block of silver, but the GregTech one would need the compressor.

It looks like IC2 adds a Tin block, and it's also what adds a Copper block. The Copper Block recipe is not effected by GregTech because Copper in a Compressor already has another recipe.
I'm running Magic World pack, and at that point I hadn't installed Factorization (I have now, because the barrels are too compelling not to use).

GhostAce

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance to include Tree Capitator (or equivalent) if the config of tools that allows mass tree destruction is only set to more high level items like the advanced chainsaw? I'm pretty sure by the time you can get an advanced chainsaw you could also be generating wood with forestry anyway, so its more balanced.

Reactions: mr_vit

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Shards is already included in the Magic World pack and will probably be included in the other packs where appropriate (i.e. will likely be in the universal pack as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.