Request Suggest mods for creation here

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Music.

Adding a whole bunch of new tracks, ranging from creepy mining music, to inspiring adventure music, Extra Music would try and detect what you are doing, and play music fitted to it.
Detecting mining is something like detecting how many stone blocks were mined recently, adventure music would play when new chunks were being created. And many other tracks and areas.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Music.

Adding a whole bunch of new tracks, ranging from creepy mining music, to inspiring adventure music, Extra Music would try and detect what you are doing, and play music fitted to it.
Detecting mining is something like detecting how many stone blocks were mined recently, adventure music would play when new chunks were being created. And many other tracks and areas.

I've often made suggestions for the addition of additional atmospheric music to go along with a mod that adds atmospheric sound effects, but I wouldn't suggest adding atmospheric for everything you do. I think there should be atmospheric music tracks for when you're crossing into different biomes like deserts, extreme hills, etc. There will also be atmospheric music for when you're exploring other dimensions like the nether and the end, but when you're underground mining, the only sounds you will hear will be slow rumble. I don't think there should be seperate music tracks for when you're just mining, farming, or just doing menial tasks in general. That would be silly.

Reactions: Otho

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I think Minetweaker doesn't work with is RotaryCraft, and I believe that's because of an understanding between the two authors that altering RotaryCraft's recipes or otherwise altering its mechanics is a bad thing and against RoC's license.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Idea for a super awesome amazing mod, that will also give people a reason to produce lots of RF...
RF rooms:
You make a frame (like you would with structural pylons from AE) and when powered the pylons, and everything in them, are hidden, and only those who have been "whitelisted" will be able to see the stuff that is there when it is hidden.
But to hide the room requires, you guessed it, RF. Maybe 10RF/t per block. So if you want to hide a full base (for me is usually 10x10x20) that's 2000RF/t, but, on PVP servers, or any server you don't want to be disturbed on, this is great :D

Reactions: CoolSquid

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
Idea for a super awesome amazing mod, that will also give people a reason to produce lots of RF...
RF rooms:
You make a frame (like you would with structural pylons from AE) and when powered the pylons, and everything in them, are hidden, and only those who have been "whitelisted" will be able to see the stuff that is there when it is hidden.
But to hide the room requires, you guessed it, RF. Maybe 10RF/t per block. So if you want to hide a full base (for me is usually 10x10x20) that's 2000RF/t, but, on PVP servers, or any server you don't want to be disturbed on, this is great :D
yoink
;D

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
Progress! :D
YlzMLBj.png

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Two suggestions:

• A prospector pick, that would help find ores. This would be helpful for crazy ore generation with COG, where veins can be scarce on the world instead of having ores in every chunk... Maybe with multiple tiers so some tiers could have a huge range but no way of knowing direction and other tiers would give a direction but would have a shorter range...

• A mod that would somehow disable nether portal generation, so fire on obsidian would not cause a nether portal to generate and prevent the End portal frames from being generated in the world. Also, a way of enabling end portal frames crafting(I know it can be done with minetweaker, but for the sake of consistency...). All the multiple actions could be enable/disabled separately. This might seem stupid, but I'm sure some pack makers would appreciate the ability to disable or at least control access to other dimensions for lore reasons!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Two suggestions:

• A prospector pick, that would help find ores. This would be helpful for crazy ore generation with COG, where veins can be scarce on the world instead of having ores in every chunk... Maybe with multiple tiers so some tiers could have a huge range but no way of knowing direction and other tiers would give a direction but would have a shorter range...

• A mod that would somehow disable nether portal generation, so fire on obsidian would not cause a nether portal to generate and prevent the End portal frames from being generated in the world. Also, a way of enabling end portal frames crafting(I know it can be done with minetweaker, but for the sake of consistency...). All the multiple actions could be enable/disabled separately. This might seem stupid, but I'm sure some pack makers would appreciate the ability to disable or at least control access to other dimensions for lore reasons!
Both seem like good ideas.

The pick in particular is going to be a must-have: more modpacks are picking up clumpy ore generation which makes things like "you detect iron ore" a lot more interesting.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Both seem like good ideas.

The pick in particular is going to be a must-have: more modpacks are picking up clumpy ore generation which makes things like "you detect iron ore" a lot more interesting.
Clumpy ore gen is so awesome

Also, I'm thinking I could make a Prospector's Pick now (did some multi-block stuff and it would use the same methods on a larger scale), but time is always my main constraint

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Also, I'm thinking I could make a Prospector's Pick now (did some multi-block stuff and it would use the same methods on a larger scale), but time is always my main constraint
Ohh, I'm not in need of these mods anymore! I decide I should spent my free time playing the game instead of 'working on a pack' and not having free time! :p

That is also why I dropped my thought here, in case some one finds them interesting!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

i'm throwing my portion of crowdfunding at the monitor and i still don't see my prospectors pick. For shame.

What sort of constraints do you think would have to be made on range? If you clicked a block with a pick and it actually recursed 60 blocks in a given direction (not checking adjacent blocks, just a 1x1 tunnel 60 blocks deep) would that have performance issues?

(I don't necessarily think 60 is a great range, I'm actually wondering if you could leave that range configurable)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
i'm throwing my portion of crowdfunding at the monitor and i still don't see my prospectors pick. For shame.

What sort of constraints do you think would have to be made on range? If you clicked a block with a pick and it actually recursed 60 blocks in a given direction (not checking adjacent blocks, just a 1x1 tunnel 60 blocks deep) would that have performance issues?

(I don't necessarily think 60 is a great range, I'm actually wondering if you could leave that range configurable)
I would leave it configurable with a default of 25 in a cube. Although there could be different modes (in-game left-click to change) like tunnel and cube.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In cube mode, would the player be at the center of the cube (so that hitting a precise wall is irrelevant, you're just activating the tool) or the edge (so that if you hit the wall to the east, it checks an x/x/x cube to the east)?

Reactions: 1SDAN

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I initially thought of something like:

• Stone prospector - 20-25 cube - small, rubish, if you have COG with very rare ans sparse ores... it will be hard to find them! There is a reason why TFC has the ore nuggets at surface...
  • iron prospector - 80-100 cube - good prospector to give an idea if something is around and good to cover large areas. Not practical to find anything!
  • diamong - 20 the direction you are facing, the 180 degrees.( Do americans use degrees? Or you Radians since you change all metrics... 3.14 rads :p) Good for pinpointing the ores
I still think these tiers are rubbish but I think having tears where better materials could give better results but different in 'kind' would give more 'depth' to the tool. That is way I though of a tier with huge radius that makes easy to find if there are ores around but not able to pinpoint them and a tier where once you are close, it says almost where it is!

In cube mode, would the player be at the center of the cube (so that hitting a precise wall is irrelevant, you're just activating the tool) or the edge (so that if you hit the wall to the east, it checks an x/x/x cube to the east)?
You would be at the center

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nuno, that would be cool too.

Just as another spin, I've always thought that a better balancer would be a prospecting "machine" that you actually plonk down, power, and wait for it to finish its analysis. This also has the added benefit of performance: you can have essentially unlimited range on the mechanism since it isn't expected to report a result immediately.