Request Suggest mods for creation here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's not a mod that hasn't been made yet, but I wish Forge Backup would get updated or someone would make a new mod like it
yesterday I lost alot in my world because I didn't have any automated backup mods running :(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Very simple idea that I have no clue why no one seem to have added yet: 3-4 block tall doors!
I hate low ceilings in buildings and therefore always build my interiors with 3-4 block clearance. But its pretty hard to make look decent with the standard 2 block tall doors.
I know it can be done with pistons(or RP2 frames back in the days), but it takes up so much space and can be rather lethal.
So a simple request: 3 (and 4 if possible) block tall doors.

Ps: I love the new microblocks (still not figured out what mod they are part of though). The functionality is rather improved compared to the old ones. But sadly so few materials are available. I don't understand the details of if its the modder that adds new materials or author of the microblock mod that needs to register the new materials, but it would be fantastic if more of the new lovely materials could be incorporated.

Last edited:
Reactions: un worry

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Very simple idea that I have no clue why no one seem to have added yet: 3-4 block tall doors!
I hate low ceilings in buildings and therefore always build my interiors with 3-4 block clearance. But its pretty hard to make look decent with the standard 2 block tall doors.
I know it can be done with pistons(or RP2 frames back in the days), but it takes up so much space and can be rather lethal.
So a simple request: 3 (and 4 if possible) block tall doors.

Ps: I love the new microblocks (still not figured out what mod they are part of though). The functionality is rather improved compared to the old ones. But sadly so few materials are available. I don't understand the details of if its the modder that adds new materials or author of the microblock mod that needs to register the new materials, but it would be fantastic if more of the new lovely materials could be incorporated.

if you're talking about Forge Multiparts, it's an API which other mods can use. so if other mods do not support the FMP API, there'll be no microblock support for it.

I also once saw, I think from a chinese minecraft video, a spotlight of a mod that was basically RP2 frames on steroids. they could move into any directory and do all kinds of things. I saw a door made with it aswell, a HUGE door

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
if you're talking about Forge Multiparts, it's an API which other mods can use. so if other mods do not support the FMP API, there'll be no microblock support for it.

I also once saw, I think from a chinese minecraft video, a spotlight of a mod that was basically RP2 frames on steroids. they could move into any directory and do all kinds of things. I saw a door made with it aswell, a HUGE door
Perhaps you're thinking of Ugocraft? I believe it had such functionality, but had some rather severe compatibility issues with pretty much all the things.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
How about a plugin for NEI that'll automatically adjust the recipes/fuel values to match a server's config?

-Fuel values changing/more configurable in 1.6.x
-Many main-steam mods (Thermal Expansion, Powersuits, GregTech/IC2 ect) have alternate recipes
-Quite a few servers disable/ban certain things (nukes), so you'll know what craftable/unbanned before you get there.

Right now the biggest pain for custom servers, is manually downloading/tweaking configs to match.
(a LOT of players forget to do this, then whinge about a recipe not working)- or they update/change the configs and forget to tell us.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think the pushable sign would be hard to do, as I think pistons are coded to not move any item with NBT data attached to it, like chests and signs. You'd prolly need an overwrite of the vanilla piston mechanics or, and this is likely the simplest way, make your own piston.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I think the pushable sign would be hard to do, as I think pistons are coded to not move any item with NBT data attached to it, like chests and signs. You'd prolly need an overwrite of the vanilla piston mechanics or, and this is likely the simplest way, make your own piston.
I think he meant a sign you can push like a button to send a redstone signal. At least that's my interpretation of his suggestion.

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
I think he meant a sign you can push like a button to send a redstone signal. At least that's my interpretation of his suggestion.
thats right:) Cause putting up a sign next to a button takes alot of space when u have alot of buttons. Like a mystcraft portal room without computercraft. 9 buttons is 18 blocks of space if u want to tell where the portals taking you

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
thats right:) Cause putting up a sign next to a button takes alot of space when u have alot of buttons. Like a mystcraft portal room without computercraft. 9 buttons is 18 blocks of space if u want to tell where the portals taking you
The BetterBits mod has just what you're after: a button/sign combo.

Also permits you to offset the redstone signal one block in any direction (awesome feature in itself). The gui is still a bit buggy but the mod is only in alpha testing and has a dozen cool little gadgets like this. Its not ready for wider release, but I'll encourage the author to share it soonest.

I messaged him about the 3 & 4-high doors, and he's going to have a crack at these tonight. He's already working on "stained glass" doors for me :)

for example, placing the buttonSign at eye level and setting offset to Y-1, you can activate the teleporter in the floor.
BetterButttons.png buttonsi.png

Last edited:

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
The BetterBits mod has just what you're after: a button/sign combo.

Also permits you to offset the redstone signal one block in any direction (awesome feature in itself). The gui is still a bit buggy but the mod is only in alpha testing and has a dozen cool little gadgets like this. Its not ready for wider release, but I'll encourage the author to share it soonest.

I messaged him about the 3 & 4-high doors, and he's going to have a crack at these tonight. He's already working on "stained glass" doors for me :)

for example, placing the buttonSign at eye level and setting offset to Y-1, you can activate the teleporter in the floor.
View attachment 8334 View attachment 8335

Awesome, exactly what I want:) That mod should be in most of the FTB mod packs:)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Awesome, sounds like it could become a very useful mod. Hope it finds its way into the FTB packs soon :p

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a new IC2/Thermal Expansion type mod with it's own set of power, machines, and generators. This might seem a bit evil, but, if it were me who created it, I'd hand it over to Greg to make things a bit more challenging and less op.

GentleBear

Jul 29, 2019
How about a Soaryn chest mod? A simple wodden chest, but with the exception that it will always juble things that are put in it. Each time you open the chest, it will be sorted in a different way. If you want to go to extremes, you could make all Soaryn-chests "talk" to each other and randomly move stuff around between them, so you would never know what your chest will contain.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
A building I'm working on at the moment has a lot of diagonal corridors, a great microblock to have would be a half block, split vertically corner to corner on the diagonal.