Request Suggest mods for creation here

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
...you haven't even heard my idea. Besides, it's more of a deterrent than anything. I have yet to find out if I can make cats slow down machinery just from their presence (at least until you clean out the cat hair.)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
...you haven't even heard my idea. Besides, it's more of a deterrent than anything. I have yet to find out if I can make cats slow down machinery just from their presence (at least until you clean out the cat hair.)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
He was referring to the RC grinders...they would be slowed little by cat hair.
iFEkUat8ivlvb.gif

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! Those kinds of grinders, aka the awesome ones.

Carry on, then. All cats who wander into one deserve to become canned cat food (except for Jadedcat.)

Reactions: 1SDAN

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else annoyed at having to use actual blocks for carpenter's blocks to give the carpenters blocks textures?
I sure know I do, so I was thinking of an alternative way for this. perhaps there could be a painter item which you could open to reveal a GUI where you can put in a few blocks, and when you right click on a carpenter's block with the painter item you can apply the texture to the carpenters block, and you could also rotate through the blocks by shift-right clicking into the air.

ofcourse if you would break the carpenter's block it would only drop the carpenters block. ofcourse like the hammer and chisel the painter would also take damage, so perhaps a RF version of the tools would also be nice, heck, perhaps it could even be a multitool with all 3 tools in one, and perhaps a fourth tool aswell that'd allow you to mass-paint all the carpenters blocks.

Reactions: 1SDAN

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
anyone else annoyed at having to use actual blocks for carpenter's blocks to give the carpenters blocks textures?
I sure know I do, so I was thinking of an alternative way for this. perhaps there could be a painter item which you could open to reveal a GUI where you can put in a few blocks, and when you right click on a carpenter's block with the painter item you can apply the texture to the carpenters block, and you could also rotate through the blocks by shift-right clicking into the air.

ofcourse if you would break the carpenter's block it would only drop the carpenters block. ofcourse like the hammer and chisel the painter would also take damage, so perhaps a RF version of the tools would also be nice, heck, perhaps it could even be a multitool with all 3 tools in one, and perhaps a fourth tool aswell that'd allow you to mass-paint all the carpenters blocks.

Honestly, no; and the reason for that is that you'd need to use the block to make a roof or whatever else ANYWAY, so it seems fair to me.

That said, the Carpenter's blocks are only used for aesthetics for the most part, so if you wanted a slopey roof that looks like diamond blocks without having to have a gazillion diamond blocks, perhaps there should be the possibility to do that! Plus it would mean people wouldn't keep nicking your roof once they realised there were no actual diamond blocks in there ;)

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right.

Reactions: Psychicash

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I wonder if it's possible to cover Carpenter's Blocks with EnderIO facades. They can be painted (in the EnderIO painter) to look like almost any block.

greenking13

Jul 29, 2019
(Primary Purpose is for ore addition on Galaticraft Mod More Planets)
I was wondering if there was a possibility of creating a mod that can help easily create ores by using basic planetary stone (Ex. Diona Rock) as a background and adding on an ore texture (Ex. Iron Ore) so that it would for all intents and purposes act as normal iron when smelted/pulverized/etc. Or if there is a mod like this... being directed towards it? (Working on a modpack, but want to create a few ores/relocated a few ores and then recreate them with that planets stone type.)

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there was a possibility of creating a mod that can help easily create ores by using basic planetary stone (Ex. Diona Rock) as a background and adding on an ore texture (Ex. Iron Ore) so that it would for all intents and purposes act as normal iron when smelted/pulverized/etc. Or if there is a mod like this... being directed towards it? (Working on a modpack, but want to create a few ores/relocated a few ores and then recreate them with that planets stone type.)
I thought artifice did something like this.

greenking13

Jul 29, 2019
I thought artifice did something like this.

Are you talking about this mod?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-6-x-1-7-x-artifice-the-correct-term-is-mauve
I didn't think that artifice helps with ore creation, so far what I've found is that it may be possible to try and fork the interstellar ores mod and edit in the ores I wanted to add, but for a person who has zero experience coding for minecraft, it would be quite difficult. I was just wondering if there was a mod that could help me "create" a new texture by combining aspects of two blocks (Yellorite ore and Moon Rock) that would pretty much ore dict with yellorite ore and be used the exact same way. I thought that cofhcore could help me with this... but I was very wrong and it's just generating the ore after it is already in the modpack, which it's not.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I know GregTech does exactly this, although I'm not aware of any support for Galacticraft ores. All GT ores come in stone, gravel, sand, sandstone, red granite, black granite, netherrack, endstone, Atum sand, and Atum limestone versions. If you poke him on the IC2 forum, he might add support for Galacticraft ores and stone as well.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just wondering if there are any coders out there looking for a challenge in (partly) the world-generation area of modding?
Because there's this idea that my brother had that I really want to see implemented where you're a hobo in a giant city and have to beg/fight off other hobos/hide from the cops/sleep in public parks, whilst doing all that other mine-crafty and hobo-y stuff.

Details of all the changes being made are in the spoiler.
Basically, make several changes to world-generation villages, add some mobs, change some mechanics of villages/certain mobs. That's it (I know, it's actually a lot).
Make each biome a 60% chance of being "city" and 40% of being "Park"; Park is a normal biome, city is a villiage on top of the regular biome.
Villages have had all their buildings replaced with large multistory buildings with lots and lots of windows, probably multiple doors.
Spaces between buildings in villages have pavement or slabs (roads or sidewalks).
The things villagers will trade for are widely more varried, but they're more stingy (requiring more trade goods to give an emerald and giving less for and emerald)
As well as regular villagers, there will be a second variety of villager mob called an Anti-Hobo Villager, which is technically a Hostile mob; passive and behaves like a villager, until you right click them to try to trade, but then they attack you when you do. Because they don't tollerate begging. Anyways, it means tradable villagers will be few and far between, because they count as villagers and there are more of them.
There are some "hobo" monsters that resemble players, but instead of noses like villagers they have fuzzy coat trims, which are always hostile. There are "Urchins" which are even smaller but have the same size head (A hobo has a 15% chance of spawning as an Urchin). Urchins will grow into hobos if they don't despawn in 3 day/night cycles.
Feeding rotten meat or other foods to hobos or urchins might tame them, with a 4% chance. Tamed hobos and urchins will follow you and attack other non-passive mobs, pick up items, and you can right click them to access their 8 block inventory. Untamed hobos will attack other hobos or villagers, as well as other mobs.
Some hobos will be "Elite" and cannot be tamed. Elite hobos will tame other hobos; hobos will remember who tamed them and remain hostile to others (such as you). Urchins can be Elite too. This can result in all out wars between hobos when two elite hobos with hobo armies meet.
Tamed Hobos also have a hunger stat, which will slowly degrade, and they can consume food from their inventory (even rotting meat). When they run out of hunger they'll turn back to untamed.
Iron Golems still exist, but are not spawned by villages (which there will be 1 world spanning village (due to overlap) or up to 6 slightly smaller ones); while Iron Golems can be produced by other means, villages spawn "Fuzz" now, which are mobs that resemble villagers with blue uniforms, fancy hats, and swords. Fuzz will attack hobos, urchins, zombies, or anyone/anything who attacks a Fuzz, Villager, or Anti-Hobo Villager.
It can interface with the most popular Mob Damage Indicator mod's APIs to display the health AND hunger of Hobo and Urchin mobs.
Just like with their Villager version, there can be a Hobo version for a zombie (Zombie with a ragged coat trim). And because there are miniature Hobos (Urchins), then there are miniature hobo zombies.
Hobos (And Urchins, and the tamed versions) when killed have a 10% chance of dropping rotten meat, 2 5% chances of dropping an apple (0.25% of two apples), a 1% chance each of dropping raw mutton, raw pork, raw beef, or raw chicken, a 20% chance of dropping a loaf of bread, a 5% chance of dropping a wooden sword, a 10% chance of dropping a wooden axe, and a 0.5% chance of dropping an emerald.
Fuzz when killed have a 40% chance of dropping a damaged iron tool (sword, axe, pickaxe, or shovel) with 10-50% durability, have 4 10% chances of dropping iron ingots, 3 5% chances of dropping stacks of 2 sticks, and 2 1% chances of dropping an emerald.
Anti-Hobo Villagers when killed have the same drops as villagers.
Zombie Hobos (And urchins) have the same drops as zombies.

Buildings in the mod will have glass blocks between the buildings (with a algorithm to connect them in a logical manner) with redstone dust on them, and redstone repeaters in the buildings; the purpose of these paths is to create a network of energy that lights up the glowstone lanterns in the buildings. Some buildings have sources for the redstone signals.
There are special carpets (non-craftable) inside all the buildings; when you stand on them, then any Anti-Hobo villagers will attack without being right clicked, as will nearby Fuzz.
Villagers have had their combat skills buffed to fend off zombies a little better; they can still be converted easily, though, so if a zombie outbreak begins it will be very difficult to stop.

Reactions: Lethosos

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that will force all villagers to spawn as zombie villagers, complete with tagged as "do not despawn" (I know nametags can do that, not sure what else can), for 1.7.10, for jampack.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Add magic and trains... Hobomancer. :D
I think, iirc, between Steam Works and a dozen magic mods, that that can be made into a mod-pack. :)

If I knew a lick of programming, I'd do it myself, but sadly they don't teach coding in high-school and I'm still saving up for university.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
My girlfriend had a idea I am a little partial to. Is there a cologne/perfume mod out there. If not would it be possible to make one?

If there isn't one I think it would be useful and mean to make it attract different mobs to you. Like say Sheep would follow you around if you were wearing some. Or creepers would come a nocking at your door if they smelled you were wearing a certain perfume or cologne.

My girlfriend would like them to be made from the different flowers.

Reactions: Psychicash

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
My girlfriend had a idea I am a little partial to. Is there a cologne/perfume mod out there. If not would it be possible to make one?

If there isn't one I think it would be useful and mean to make it attract different mobs to you. Like say Sheep would follow you around if you were wearing some. Or creepers would come a nocking at your door if they smelled you were wearing a certain perfume or cologne.

My girlfriend would like them to be made from the different flowers.
This sounds like something for Botania, perhaps.

Reactions: DeathOfTime