Stuck in the Nether Portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a MineCraft issue or a FTB issue, but I'm stuck and am in the need of assitance. I've been playing since Thursday, pretty much non-stop and having a blast. I built a Nether Portal, lit it, and stepped into it, and now I'm stuck in it. I can see the Nether realm, I'm outside of the portal but am unable to move, and my screen is bouncing up and down as if I were jumping. I've tried quitting and reloading, but it takes me to the exact same spot, and I am unable to do anything. I really do not want to have to start over.

Here is what I see on my screen: http://www.wizaerd.com/hold/2012-12-01_23.49.30.png

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what causes it but it sometimes happens to me when I am just moving around. I'll get stuck and just bob up and down like that. What I do go into creative mode with NEI and double tap the space bar to fly up and out of it.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, that did the trick.

This is my first time in the Nether, am I suppose to come out in a cavern with no entrance or exit?

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
The location you appear in the nether is kind of tied to where you put the portal in the overworld. So you don't usually know where you will appear.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
The getting stuck in the nether portal is a bug that got moved from SMP to SSP when they changed the SSP version to act like a server client pair. it's a form of desynch that causes you to fall trough the floor and onto the next block layer. thus getting you stuck in the floor. mining out the block your feet is stuck in usually does the trick to get loose again.

Reactions: Mero