Stuck in limbo...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server thats just myself and 3 friends..

I have been using the Mindcrack pack with a few mods that I added myself for a long time now. But recently I kinda stopped playing and have not played for a few weeks with thought of 1.5 or so coming out and remaking the world anyways..

So Now I'm kinda stuck Do I restart the map now and hope everything will transfer over for 1.5x/1.6 or whatever the next modpack version is for 1.5 on.. OR do I just not play until that modpack comes out..

I know I have seen a list of what mods are updated for minecraft versions but I cant find it again..

I'm really lost as to what I should do here..

What do you guys plan on doing?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for the next modpack.

I've put a lot of work into my map, and I don't want to lose that work just yet. Particularly when I won't receive the full benefit of starting a new map until all of the mods are updated anyways.

Basically you'll be missing at this point... Extra Bees, RP2, IC2, Secret Rooms... and a few other mods that I don't quite remember. Here you go for a spreadsheet on what is and isn't updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBGhTwSytv_dFVoZWF3MzlzSVNqMHBoUVdwUWlCNVE#gid=0

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What I did a month ago was start over in 1.5, now I'm still on 1.5 in SSP & SMP

I'd suggest just starting over, checking out the DIY 1.5 threads and give it a shot. With all of the new stuff the 1.5 mods have, and the new ones gaining populairty, you'd be cheating yourself by sticking to an old world and not branching out.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for the next modpack.

I've put a lot of work into my map, and I don't want to lose that work just yet. Particularly when I won't receive the full benefit of starting a new map until all of the mods are updated anyways.

Basically you'll be missing at this point... Extra Bees, RP2, IC2, Secret Rooms... and a few other mods that I don't quite remember. Here you go for a spreadsheet on what is and isn't updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBGhTwSytv_dFVoZWF3MzlzSVNqMHBoUVdwUWlCNVE#gid=0

Besides RP2, what isn't updated? Xycraft, I guess? Everything else is good to go.

And if RP2 is gonna return, it'll probably be for 1.6.

Reactions: Chocorate

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Besides RP2, what isn't updated? Xycraft, I guess? Everything else is good to go.

And if RP2 is gonna return, it'll probably be for 1.6.

Isn't IC2 still in development?

And I could start a new map without Xycraft, but I'd need it within a few weeks at most, depending on how I decide to progress.