Storing Liquid Metal in Iron Tanks

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like its fixed in Dev 674

I keep LP very, very, very up-to-date in my pack. As of last night we're using the most recent build. I actually have a working version of this setup now that is even cooler than this, and I think the smeltery may become my primary ore processor as a result of the sheer volume it can handle at once (reminds me of the infernal furnace with no real downsides). You can even run multiple metals at once so long as you make sure not to keep an alloying combination in them.

Shadewing

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to dredge up a thread but I've been messing with Liquid Logi pipes and TC and I was wondering what you were using the Insertion Pipe for (in refrence to OP)? I have yet to get the blasted thing to do anything. I would be such a help if there was some details on the new parts of logistics pipes on a wiki somewhere but I can't find any.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to dredge up a thread but I've been messing with Liquid Logi pipes and TC and I was wondering what you were using the Insertion Pipe for (in refrence to OP)? I have yet to get the blasted thing to do anything. I would be such a help if there was some details on the new parts of logistics pipes on a wiki somewhere but I can't find any.

I don't have the world anymore, so I'm going from memory. What I used was Liquid Supply pipes on the tanks, and a liquid request pipe on a drain that was the wrong way around (big hole on the outside). Unfortunately, you have to activate the request pipe with a wrench, so you have to carry that around all the time, which gets annoying.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019

Well if your looking for a fairly quick method of learning, try direwolf20's 3 part spotlight on them, its fairly comprehensive in the capabilities of the new logi pipes, could use a few more details on AE interaction but the information is fairly solid.