Steve's Cart 2: How to stop the cart

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a Steve's Cart 2 tree farm which is doing great generating steam for my 18 inds. combs. engines. I noticed there was an excess of sapplings and wood and decided to use it to power a second cart to collect potatos for me. The problem is, there is not enough wood to run the second cart non stop. I want it to stop when the cargo manager is full and only start running when there is room for it to deposit. This, or give it a cooldown timer of say, 5 mins.

Any suggestions?

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, of course. Could I check if the cargo manager is full with something that is not a buildcraft 3 gate? Hopefully you have another very simple answer :)

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I put a detector rail with a timer set to 10 minutes and it worked. I would like to improve it though and have it work only when the cargo manager is full, but I don't want a buildcraft pipe with gate due to astethic reasons. If anyone has any idea on how to detect whether the cargo is full, let me know. I'll think on something as well.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Alternatively, you could use your extra wood to fuel a steam boiler, preferably after converting each log into 6 planks.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Alternatively, you could use your extra wood to fuel a steam boiler, preferably after converting each log into 6 planks.
that sounded cumbersome, I had a ridiculous biomass setup so no need for it, and i went straight to liquid fueled boilers anyway. i only need the saplings. a diamond chest and 700 stacks of logs are just going to waste even if i build with them! ;)