Steam to MJ using Power Converters

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible, and if so how would I output all the steam from 10 36hp into one Steam consumer? Or would I have to use multiple consumers and energy bridges?

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running 5 max size HP boilers and have notice a max of about 300 mb/t on 1 input face of the consumer. Given the I use a setup of 1 mj producer, 1 energy bridge, and 5 steam consumers with all available faces of each consumer with a steam pipe on it. I currently have 6 such setups in parallel with each other to charge me bank of 46 Redstone energy cells. Ya my setup is over kill but I have yet to have power issues even with 3 laser drills running off it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Each steam consumer can take 1000 mb/t.

That means for every ~1.4 boilers(36 HP) you'll need one consumer. A tesseract can input all 1000 mb/t into one face of a consumer.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Each steam consumer can take 1000 mb/t.

That means for every ~1.4 boilers(36 HP) you'll need one consumer. A tesseract can input all 1000 mb/t into one face of a consumer.

But then do you have to make multiple tesseracts to take in all the steam?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running 5 max size HP boilers and have notice a max of about 300 mb/t on 1 input face of the consumer. Given the I use a setup of 1 mj producer, 1 energy bridge, and 5 steam consumers with all available faces of each consumer with a steam pipe on it. I currently have 6 such setups in parallel with each other to charge me bank of 46 Redstone energy cells. Ya my setup is over kill but I have yet to have power issues even with 3 laser drills running off it.

Let me clarify a few things for you :)

A 36 HP bouler produces enough steam to generate 144 mj/t, you have 5 boilers meaning that you generate 144 * 5 = 720 mj/t. 3 laser drills require 4 pre chargers each, each pre chargers requires 100mj/t to run at maximum capacity, this means you need 3 * 4 * 100 = 1200 mj/t to have your laser drills running at maximum capacity.

Now TE's energy grid is kind of smart in that it devides all available power equally amongst the power requesters. So if you would produce 100 mj/t and have one machine require 50 mj/t and another require 100 mj/t they would both get 50 mj/t. Add in a pulverizer at 4 mj/t and the other two machines would both get 48 mj/t. So you should indeed never run into power troubles.

Considering you say you are charing your redstone energy cells I think its save to say you do not have your laser drill prechargers connected properly ;) Remember, a redstone cell can only ouput 100 mj/t!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
But then do you have to make multiple tesseracts to take in all the steam?
Yes. One tesseract and 8(?) liquiducts are enough to take in all the steam from a boiler. then you can use the tesseract to send the steam(and thus power) anywhere without loss.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Sky,
I never sat down to do the math, just build. As such my lasers are not on at all times, only when I want them. As for my REC's, they are all in parallel each set to output 100 mj/t. So i do in fact have the power I need for my needs. I just can't run the drills all the time. Probably gonna scrap this world soon anyway and look at a diff modpack to use. Currently on Ultimate 1.1.4 and getting tired of the ic2 energynet spam I'm getting. On a side note does any one know if that got fixed in 1.1.5