Sphax 32x for FTB Ultimate?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I see that the Sphax folks have patches for their texture packs to get it working with every mod version of FTB... except for Ultimate. Is there a way I can cobble together a complete set for use with Ultimate? Tips.. anyone?

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I see that the Sphax folks have patches for their texture packs to get it working with every mod version of FTB... except for Ultimate. Is there a way I can cobble together a complete set for use with Ultimate? Tips.. anyone?

Is that for 5.2 for Direwolf20 also? I looked on the website, can't find any patch notes for modpacks.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
There is one for Direwolf20, I just do not know if they have patched it for 5.2. They do not even LIST one for Ultimate, however.

I would love to use either Sphax or Soartex Fanver for Ultimate, but Sphax isn't properly patched and Soartex is 64x only (and I need 32x).

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
There is one for Direwolf20, I just do not know if they have patched it for 5.2. They do not even LIST one for Ultimate, however.

I would love to use either Sphax or Soartex Fanver for Ultimate, but Sphax isn't properly patched and Soartex is 64x only (and I need 32x).
I need 32x also. i can run 64x, but it's sluggish as hell. I am currently using Faithful 32x (which is updated and has Ultimate), but I prefer the look of Sphax.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I like how crisp and distinct Sphax looks, but it is rather annoying right now as I am missing textures for lots of stuff. So it's 32x but a mixture of ugly low res textures and some Sphax Textures (because it isn't an actual Ultimate pack).

I love the look of Soartex as well, but it's only 64x and that would bomb my machine out.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Try this one.
http://bdcraft.net/forum/128x64x-feed-beast-beta-pack-texture-pack-add

You have to remember that creating all these textures for every change thats made takes time.
I really love the look of the Sphax Texture Packs, it just seems to fit with the Game. My opinion.
Pretty sure theres a 32 version download here. Oh and Check back often as they Update it, but dont make it clear when downloading that it has been updated. Just becuase your downloading the same "File Name" dosn't mean it hasnt't been updated. They really should put a changed date on the end of the file name.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Try this one.

You have to remember that creating all these textures for every change thats made takes time.
I really love the look of the Sphax Texture Packs, it just seems to fit with the Game. My opinion.
Pretty sure theres a 32 version download here. Oh and Check back often as they Update it, but dont make it clear when downloading that it has been updated. Just becuase your downloading the same "File Name" dosn't mean it hasnt't been updated. They really should put a changed date on the end of the file name.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, unfortunately that is the one I am running right now. I've updated it within the last week and it still has 'gaps' in it where certain textures have not been redone. I'll keep checking back on it, I guess.

infecteddave

Jul 29, 2019
Try this one.

IT is for beta pack a, Thus it is not up to date :(

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
IT is for beta pack a, Thus it is not up to date :(

Correct the Beta Pack A set is missing a TON of stuff. The current pack for Sphax is for all the modpacks .. EXCEPT for Ultimate.

I'd use OCD for FTB Ultimate, if it existed. I'd use JSTR or Soartex if is was 32x but they aren't. ARGH.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Fyi: JSTR is 32x - but we're not 100% ready for Ultimate, yet. ;)
Unfortunately as I've commented before in the JSTR thread, your choice to do transparent backgrounds for the machine interfaces makes it impossible for me to use it.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I run the 128x sphax and i must admit that after running the 128x version the 32x looks ugly. But that is just my opinion.
Some of us play on laptops, or older computers. 32x is the best we can have and run the game optimally. Some of us also like the feel of less resolution, it still feels like Minecraft. I play the game on my laptop, I am on the road a lot.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I play on a 32-Bit machine that has had an arbitrary memory limit of 1GB placed on it by the FTB Developers (this is NOT a Java limitation as other Minecraft modpacks allow me to set a maximum memory limit of 1.5GB just fine). This hard limit of 1GB for memory means I have to use either 16x or 32x texture packs. There is no version of the OCD texture pack for FTB so I go to the other texture pack that I like the look of.. Sphax.

..and unfortunately it looks like JakeyTaylor, the person doing the FTB patch for Sphax, slightly 'over promised' on the updated version of the FTB Patch for Sphax being uploaded this week.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Correct the Beta Pack A set is missing a TON of stuff. The current pack for Sphax is for all the modpacks .. EXCEPT for Ultimate.

I'd use OCD for FTB Ultimate, if it existed. I'd use JSTR or Soartex if is was 32x but they aren't. ARGH.

I had worked on an oCd texture patch with a few others a while back, but disco asked us to remove it, so it's not possible to make an oCd patch and distribute it publicly.