Sorting Machine Numbers Issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
I am using sorting machines in a processing complex. Part of what I am doing is using sorting machines to specific how much of each item goes to different areas. I run all ore through Macerators then put the dust into a chest and want to use the sorter to specific how much copper goes to furnace and how much goes to crafting table to make bronze. This is where my issue is, it will only send the copper to one color even though I have it to go to two different tubes. Any idea on how to get the sorter to work right? I currently have it set on any item and automatic mode.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the sorting machine is able to distinguish number variants.

I believe for each item, it simply picks the closest available route. So, it's choosing to go to whichever tube it's currently going down because the destination is closer than the other valid path.

I'm sure someone more familiar with FTB than me can think up an alternative solution to this problem.

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
i think what your looking for would be managers? i dont think the sorting machine is capable of dividing the output as you wish on its own, where you can configure managers in the way you describe i believe, dont quote me but worth a look.

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the sorting machine is able to distinguish number variants.

I believe for each item, it simply picks the closest available route. So, it's choosing to go to whichever tube it's currently going down because the destination is closer than the other valid path.

I'm sure someone more familiar with FTB than me can think up an alternative solution to this problem.

I am open to other ways however I would rather keep the sorting machines. As for the numbers thing, when I setup a test sorter it works perfect when I only have 1 type of item in the sorter. When I add a second type of material lets say tin it no longer works and just send all items to its first selected color.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Ah crap, sorry I forgot to mention. For some reason I can't take screenshots or at least I am not doing it right. Is it different in FTB?

It's F2 for me. I think you can also PrintScreen your monitor image and then crop out any parts of the picture that you don't want us to see.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Print Screen copies a screenshot of your monitor to your clipboard. You can then paste it into something like paint.

Also be sure to check your FTB folder for your screenshots, not your normal vanilla folder.

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to get it going now.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
I am using sorting machines in a processing complex. Part of what I am doing is using sorting machines to specific how much of each item goes to different areas. I run all ore through Macerators then put the dust into a chest and want to use the sorter to specific how much copper goes to furnace and how much goes to crafting table to make bronze. This is where my issue is, it will only send the copper to one color even though I have it to go to two different tubes. Any idea on how to get the sorter to work right? I currently have it set on any item and automatic mode.

Sounds like what you want is the all stack sequential mode on the sorting machine. What this mode does is makes sure that all items in a specific column are fulfilled until it moves to the next column. You can set it so x amount of copper (it will try to load the exact amount specified in the filter) goes to the furnace in one column, and have another column of copper to go to the crafting table. It will keep alternating between the two or however many you want.

I use this mode in this video (It's at around 1:40):

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. I didn't know you could set a specific number of items. That's pretty sweet.

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like what you want is the all stack sequential mode on the sorting machine. What this mode does is makes sure that all items in a specific column are fulfilled until it moves to the next column. You can set it so x amount of copper (it will try to load the exact amount specified in the filter) goes to the furnace in one column, and have another column of copper to go to the crafting table. It will keep alternating between the two or however many you want.

I use this mode in this video (It's at around 1:40):

Interesting! Definitely closer to what I need. My only concern is this is for a income system and if I don't have something it may jam on that item.. Will definitely consider this though

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting! Definitely closer to what I need. My only concern is this is for a income system and if I don't have something it may jam on that item.. Will definitely consider this though

This also may help.

You can use a filter to allow only the items you want to the chest, or a retriever to pull only the items you want to the input chest.