Sorry to bother anyone, but...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothicmj666

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that MultiMC doesn't always copy forge over but if you simply go into the FTB folder and find the instmods folder you can get forge from there.

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
You can also download forge throught multimc, there is a "forge" button on jar-mods tab which allows you to download any build you want/need.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I got it to work, but I have another proble.L Redstone Engines are not working for me. How do I power them?

FYI: I placed 3 Redstone Engines adjacent to a Quarry. Does it still need conductive pipes?

Just tested with a fresh install (no other mods) and they still don't work.

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone engines do not provide enough power for a quarry, they produce something like 0.1 Mj/t, which is not nearly enough.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
the engines will turn between valid blocks when you right click them... valid blocks in these cases are buildcraft powered machines (can be forestry, thermal expansion, buildcraft, ...) and wooden pipes...

Nothing will happen if there isn't a valid block next to the engine.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
when I try to remove the Macerator with a wrench, it goes into the machine's interface. What am I doing wrong?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the right wrench? You need to use the wrench made from bronze for it to work on the macerator.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
yes, I'm using that one.

EDIT: I fixed the problem with the wrenches. It was CJB's Mod. Not yet updated for Forge. Will have to tell him of the problem.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
They take the circuit boards. You will have to add the electron tubes for them to actually do anything (which will require a soldering iron). The Soldering Iron is also the only thing (that I know of) that can get the circuit board out of the engine after it has been placed inside.

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe if you craft up some circuit boards in a carpenter, and some electron tubes and a soldering iron in a carpenter/thermonic fabricator, you can use the soldering iron and it will open up an interface where you can place any of the 3 circuit board types, each able to hold more electron tubes (up to iron), each giving different upgrades. I think it should tell you what each do in the interface. I mean, I've only ever done it once, and I've just come over from technic, so don't quote me on this :/

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I do believe if you craft up some circuit boards in a carpenter, and some electron tubes and a soldering iron in a carpenter/thermonic fabricator, you can use the soldering iron and it will open up an interface where you can place any of the 3 circuit board types, each able to hold more electron tubes (up to iron), each giving different upgrades. I think it should tell you what each do in the interface. I mean, I've only ever done it once, and I've just come over from technic, so don't quote me on this :/

I feel a headache coming on. Are there any tutorials on all the machines? I'm green...and apparently stupid, so I don't know anything about this. Will probably blow up my world with a hand cranked water pump.

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
I know I had to search Youtube for a while before I could find a video with either good info or someone with some charisma when I was looking... I'm not sure on the rules of this forum whether linking to other sites is allowed, but I s'pose I'll take my chances. For the upgrades, the buildcraft forums often have useful info; http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/soldering-iron-circuits-chipsets/ for anything else, I just suggest asking someone or a search on google...

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a video direwolf20 has made a video with the electric engines.

At about the 9:50 mark he will start with the electron tubes.

Reactions: ksbd

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I was just about to add this. If you really want to get used to everything, watch Direwolf20's letsplay on youtube. You can either start with season 4 - though most of the mods will be outdated- or wait a while for season 5 (which I expect will be rather soon and including the FTB pack)

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Now I have another problem...landmarks for Quarries. They don't work and the Quarry defaults to the original grid. I activated the landmarks and got the red beams, but still it defaults.

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
You need to place it in the corner and outside of the lines.
PS Most of your questions can be answered by watching direwolf20 videos (or other LP series, although i see no reason to go for other one :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.