[Solved] Help needed: Adding Minechem to Monster Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
I have Problems with adding minechem to the Monster pack (1.1.2)
When i put something in the chemical decomposer that shouldnt get decomposed there (thinks like Railcraft steel, MFR Unifier) i get TONS of chemicals.
I have even tried copying the config from the AT launcher Yogscast pack where this bug (same version of minechem) does NOT exist and it havent changed anything...
Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be ?

(P.s. if anyone wants to recreate this Minechem crashes if you dont update Universal electricity core before)

Last edited:

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
@ThatOneSlowking No im sure it is not
Because from steel and unifier have the same output.
Everthing that the mod does not know gets decomposed and some of the outcome are rare elements that you would otherwise just get for example from Ghast tears

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
maybe it is a problem with the mod but there HAVE to be a fix to this ...
Because it isnt happening in the Yogscast pack ...

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem uses its own metrics to try and infer what the recipes are for things and then output the right chemicals, as I understand it. It uses the oredict and some internal knowledge to get at this data. This has some bugs (for awhile, factorization lead ingots output like infinite lead), but generally does the right thing.

But if there is an ID conflict between two items, this process often does the wrong thing. This is why we have modpacks and maintainers for 1.6. You need to find the id conflicts them. As for how, a good start is to read your forge client log for strings of "CONFLICT" to find the ids that might be conflicting.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Ok
So it could be an ID conflict that doesnt result in an crash at the MC start ...
I havnt known that such things can happen
Thanks

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok
So it could be an ID conflict that doesnt result in an crash at the MC start ...
I havnt known that such things can happen
Thanks
Yeah, they happen. Usually results in screwy recipes that yield incorrect results.
Sometimes resources get screwy. Once I added GregTech to ultimate and those wild carrots from BoP where pulling up superconductors...

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone interested:
It was NOT an id Conflickt (even if i had found a lot of them ^^)
It was the Mimicry mod...
I THINK it was the crafting recipe for mimicry but im not sure yet
I will update this Post as soon as i am sure :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone interested:
It was NOT an id Conflickt (even if i had found a lot of them ^^)
It was the Mimicry mod...
I THINK it was the crafting recipe for mimicry but im not sure yet
I will update this Post as soon as i am sure :)
If it is Mimicry, I'm gonna laugh.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
@Wagon153 Than laugh
Removing it has fixed it.
Removing the crafting recipe for mimichite will fix it
Just set I:MimichiteRecipeOutput=4 in the Mimicry config to I:MimichiteRecipeOutput=0 and the Problem is gone
It is because you could smelt things with crafting it togethe with mimichite ...
And if you could craft Mimichite ...

Reactions: Wagon153

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
OK so whatever algorithim Minechem uses to determine output is dependant on what the thing is crafted from and or in to?
Kind of like how TiC's smelting modifier detected Gregtechs smeltable block recipe which allowed the pick to apply fortune to the output of a diamond block.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's because a crafting recipe for that involves mimicnite, and then it gives whatever chemicals in mimicnite to that thing.

Reactions: Xarlas

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Same Problem with Pyrotheum...
You can Smelt Ores with Pyrotheum as an crafting reciepe
An This has no config option to deactivate :(
So back to Trying removing them with Minetweaker
But for gods sake this is just a problem with Aluminum the Most Ores seem to be registered in Minechem somehow
@Azzanine it seems to check from what the item is crafted

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Same Problem with Pyrotheum...
You can Smelt Ores with Pyrotheum as an crafting reciepe
An This has no config option to deactivate :(
So back to Trying removing them with Minetweaker
But for gods sake this is just a problem with Aluminum the Most Ores seem to be registered in Minechem somehow
@Azzanine it seems to check from what the item is crafted

Yeah, I figured as much. As I said similar problem to the TiC GT Autosmelting metal block thing. TiC's autosmelt was programmed to check whether a block being mined had a smelting recipe and Minechem checks the recipe of an item it's deconstructing to determine it's constituent parts.