[Solution] Maintain AE item level

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kremnari

Jul 29, 2019
If solved elsewhere, my apologies.

I have found a work around for AE to keep items at a particular level.

Pic: http://imgur.com/bP8w5s8 (image upload errors?)

I set up and config it before connecting it to the network, I don't know what affect it would have otherwise.
1.) Point an ME import and export bus at a chest, and a level emitter at the export bus.
2.) Set the export bus to "Redstone Mode: Active With Signal" and "Stack Mode: Always Craft Item, " and include your item in the export interface.
3.) In the Level Emitter add your item, set the level and set the Redstone mode for "Emit when below."
4.) The import bus can import your item always without a redstone signal.

Connect to the network. This will keep at least that much in your network (but a bit over for transporting delays), and it's compact enough (2x3x1) to put multiples in a room and forget about it.

Hope this helps until a solution from the AE team comes through.
Kremnari

Reactions: SarahNova

Kremnari

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching for days and didn't find a solution. Well, hopefully it helps someone.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't implemented it yet, but I plan to use storage bus and the level limit will be basically be what the lowest disk can store.

It is basically an extension of how I incinerate farmable items.

Farmable items:
Pre-formatted lowest disk of item X -- store in a drive/chest with priority 2.
Add item to storage bus filter of item on incinerator priority 1.
System can store up to 8128 of item. After the disk is full items are incinerated instead of going onto unformatted disks.

Now my metals are renewable (MFR laser) I will eventually need to handle filling up their disks. I could incinerate the extra like my farmables or increase the disk up to the 64k size and store up to 500k items.
I think it would be more interesting to make the extra into block form and then store that in a pre-formatted disk.

My goal would be to avoid having an emitter and export buses for every item type. Should be cheaper to pool a bunch of extra resources on a storage bus. Then compress the extras and return them to the system.

So for metals:
Add item to storage bus filter on packaging network priority 1.
Pre-formatted a disk of packaged crate/block form of item X -- store in a drive/chest with priority 2.
Maybe incinerate blocks if no room in formatted storage, but probably not ever going to be an issue.

The system then stores 8128 of each ingots.
Extra ingots go to probably an ender chest.
If i had xycraft in 1.5.1 I would use a fabricator to autocraft set blocks, but probably going to use a autocrafting table. Then Pump the blocks back to a chest used to import into the AE network.
Every 9 ingots the crafting table for that ingot will make a block and send it back to the AE network, so the ender chest never fills up.

One storage bus + enderchest can manage 27 item types to be packaged. For things that do not have simple crafting recipe to compress I could go forestry crates or whatever machine does the compression.

I don't think I will need more than 27 items, but if i did I could make a small AE network that handled all the packagine/crafting and dumped the crafted/compressed items back into the main network. Might do that anyway to avoid using autocrafting tables and pipes/gates/engines etc.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
If you replace the chest with a non configured ME Interface it works even better. Interfaces automatically send items in them that they aren't configured to have in them to the network.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
If you replace the chest with a non configured ME Interface it works even better. Interfaces automatically send items in them that they aren't configured to have in them to the network.

Yes, interface is an option if the AE network is near where you will be doing the compressing.

My AE network is air gapped to the rest of the world. Up until recently it did not use more than 1-2 cables. I re-organized to spread it out a bit, but all the input/output are through enderchests and tesseracts. It used to fit in like an 7x7x5 area now each function has some room to breath... was getting a little chaotic jamming it in the smallest area possible.

Air gapped AE network:
Bio-reactors did not work well through tesseracts, so they have their own export busses for the 9 item types they use.
gvbVbVh.jpg

Interfaces to pulverizer/furnace enderchests with recipes for respective processing.
wZo42TR.jpg

Immibis microblocks where cables go into to the floor.
XfufMA4.jpg

Tesseracts to specific items. Interfaces are for transposers to fill redstone/ender pearl frames.
QZpEMq1.jpg

Total network:
QZAmjpu.png

Almost all the cables are under:
ikucDmb.jpg

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I was talking more to Kremnari to replace the chest with an import and export bus on it with an interface with an export bus. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't implemented it yet, but I plan to use storage bus and the level limit will be basically be what the lowest disk can store.

It is basically an extension of how I incinerate farmable items.

Farmable items:
Add item to storage bus filter of item on incinerator priority 1.
System can store up to 8128 of item. After the disk is full items are incinerated instead of going onto unformatted disks. [snip]

Just set this up on my cobble and dirt after seeing this post a couple of days ago, works nice and is a good tidy solution for keeping a limited amount of a particular block, thanks for sharing. ME drives are cheap, 1k storage is cheap, storage bus on incinerator is great for dumping lots of different items types.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching for days and didn't find a solution. Well, hopefully it helps someone.

I have posted the solution (but using any interface in your network and not the needless chest/import bus) in no less than 3 AE threads. You stink at searching.