SmartCursor - good replacement for WAWLA (With API). MC 1.12.2/1.8/1.7.10

CatDany

Jul 29, 2019
...I do not think that word means what you think it means. Obligatory means you have to do it. It's a modder's choice whether or not they make a mod compatible with 1.6.4
Ofcourse it is. It's also a choice to make mod self destruct if it's outdated lol XD

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
No, it isn't. If you can play outdated shit then go for it but no one cares about 1.6.4 anymore, because it's old. Supporting old is unreasonable
If this is a superior version on the game that a large number of the community does care about, then it reasonable.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
*Is wondering why he was name-dropped*

I wouldn't say that updating to 1.7.10 is necessary. It is probably a very good idea, especially at this point where we are finally talking about 1.7 packs, and also because 1.8 is sooooo far away that you'd need the Hubble telescope to find it. If most people update to 1.7 soon, then we'd have a nice long period of development on a single version, similar to the "glory days" of 1.2.5. Most of the major mods (not pulling that card on you, just stating it) are/have updating/updated to 1.7.10, and even this took... a few months.

1.6.4 isn't really the superior version. It is very difficult and time consuming to make a modpack on 1.6.4 because of all the block IDs. With 1.7, and the lack of block IDs, modpack makers can focus more on making much more balanced and themed packs. Sure, you'd still get the "everything" packs, but they wouldn't matter as much because, quite simply, you can make those by yourself.

Long story short: It is best to update because the benefits FAR outweigh the risks. Because there are no risks.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
What saddens me is that my computer can't handle the new 1.7.5 and up becuase it is to old, and its not possible for me to get a new computer at this time as I have to pay for school and a new car.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2