Single Player Direwolf20 1.6.4 Lagging

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I started up a new world on the Direwolf20 pack to follow along his let's play. I keep getting massive lag spikes and the console is giving the warning "[WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Cant Keep up!"

In the options tab of the launcher I set max memory to 3gb, i have 8 gbs total. Do I need to allocate more ram to ftb?

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
I started up a new world on the Direwolf20 pack to follow along his let's play. I keep getting massive lag spikes and the console is giving the warning "[WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Cant Keep up!"

In the options tab of the launcher I set max memory to 3gb, i have 8 gbs total. Do I need to allocate more ram to ftb?

I have the same problem. I have my memory set to 4gb and I have 8gb total.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you are not using the jvm arguments from this thread then you should be.

I myself have just created a world using the direwolf20 pack and the fps can drop depending on what is rendering in the world. Some bop biomes can cause fps drops. If you are not bothered about having the biomes and items that bop adds then don't use it.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
If an overclocked i5-3570k can't keep up then I'm at a loss.

Launcher version: 1.2.9
Minecraft version direwolf20 1.6.4
Java version: 7
Detailed description: once I stay playing, the game runs smoothly. After about 10 mins the game begins lagging. By 20 mins, the lag is so sever play is impossible. After force quitting and reopening the client I can play for ten minutes then the same thing occurs.

Dheyjin

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem. The game runs smoothly for about half an hour and quickly turns into a slide show afterwards. When I quit the game at that point, I get stuck during "shutting down internal server" and have to close it manually (using task manager)

Direwolf20 1.6.4 (no additional mods)
Java 7 Update 45, standart edition
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, Service Pack 1
---
Intel i7-2600k CPU@ 3.40GHz
8 GB RAM (4GB set to be used)

Last edited: