Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
seeing as I've gotten to a point where I don't really feel like playing my world anymore, I guess I can post some screenshots.
reason why I've lost interest is because I'm down to the last quest, and it's kind of impossible to complete
I was kind of middle in the re-arranging some part of my world, so excuse me if not everything is complete

here's an imgur album to the screenshots, to not spam the forum with images
http://imgur.com/a/PDFJ7
Question, how did you get so many nodes?
(About to get into thaum on my world, so wanting to know where to keep an eye out for those things)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
(About to get into thaum on my world, so wanting to know where to keep an eye out for those things)

Can put nodes in a jar (unlock it in the Thaumonomicon) and put it wherever and use a wand to free it from the jar.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Can put nodes in a jar (unlock it in the Thaumonomicon) and put it wherever and use a wand to free it from the jar.
mmm, I know, but I'm wondering where they are in the world?
(haven't gotten goggles of revealing, so it may be quite obvious)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the nodes are apparently around y=10. I haven't gotten flight or goggles in my world yet to go looking, but that is what I keep hearing.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
They are around Y=10 on Home Sweet Home map. But if you're using Flat Platform, they're scattered everywhere.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Small little update to my world, although it did take a while to build. After building my larger sifter operation (12 sifters total), I needed a way to keep up with that much throughput. My simple 2 ingot casting station just wasn't going to keep up. So, I expanded the setup massively. Most of the metals have 4 casting stations per. Silver has 3, and platinum 2. Iron, copper, tin and lead have 6 each since those were the most numerous in my testing.

I tested my setup by throwing several stacks of metal dusts for each type, and it handled it beautifully. No backups at all. I even tried filling all 6 inputs in the high oven with iron (4-5 in each place), and it still emptied it out as fast as it melted. The high oven was at max heat, so everything melted quickly. Since metal will not be flowing into the system quite that fast, there should be no issues running all the sifters at full speed. Everything fits in a 1 thick wall with nothing visible when closed up. :D (I did have to go 2 deep in the floor in one spot though to route the lead pipes to the center casting stations.)

The first pic is my original setup, my new setup (skeleton), my new setup (finished), and my cyclic assembler skeleton that converts all the ore fragments into blocks for hammering and smelting in the high oven.
2014-05-03_22.58.59.png 2014-06-01_22.52.32.png 2014-06-01_23.56.55.png 2014-05-28_19.44.23.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like the world and the work you have put into it. It looks good. What quest is left? Should I start this one earlier?

sadly it's the very last quest you need to do, the iridium quest.
you need to collect 4 iridium ore, but I've been told that currently the MFR lasers can't produce any iridium
so your only option left is to mine the nether, which is possible to find iridium, especially since in the latest version jaded increased the spawning of iridium
but that means you need to explore new chunks to find the higher iridium ore veins, but iridium still has a very low chance of spawning

I've gotten alot of them through quest rewards, but alot have also been bottled. you can find alot of nodes near the void, so I just went around with a thaumometer scanning all the nodes and making waypoints for the very good nodes

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
sadly it's the very last quest you need to do, the iridium quest.
you need to collect 4 iridium ore, but I've been told that currently the MFR lasers can't produce any iridium
so your only option left is to mine the nether, which is possible to find iridium, especially since in the latest version jaded increased the spawning of iridium
but that means you need to explore new chunks to find the higher iridium ore veins, but iridium still has a very low chance of spawning

I've gotten alot of them through quest rewards, but alot have also been bottled. you can find alot of nodes near the void, so I just went around with a thaumometer scanning all the nodes and making waypoints for the very good nodes
Just set an ender quarry. 128x128 ought to get some. Have it in the background.
Or you could use blood magic mining spell to run to new chunks. Check out purplementat's video on YT

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering has jaded disabled TE glowstone generators cause mine don't wanna work
Cheers.

its disabled in one the TE version so its probably not jaded.

But you don't have enough glowstone? how is that even possible...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering has jaded disabled TE glowstone generators cause mine don't wanna work
Cheers.
If you're meaning the northern lights whereby you make glowstone flow into cryotherium and it makes glowstone?

Apparently that was a bug and they found and squashed it in a recent version of thermal expansion

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've been mainly doing cleanup on my base... Organizing the new control room, setting up harvesters and planters on my farm--finally making it automatic. I haven't really done a lot that has been worthy of pictures. I did finally run out of patience waiting for my 2 redstone furnaces to autocraft me ME components. It just took forever for the furnaces, so I decided it was time for an upgrade. I built a massive wall of redstone furnaces. Forty in all. Do you think that is enough? :D

Here is the skeleton of the furnace system so you can see how everything is piped. I needed 3 side on the furnaces to connect all the pipes. This is the only way I could do it. The cool thing about it is that is is only 2 blocks thick.

2014-06-08_00.52.17.png

2014-06-08_00.16.45.png

Here is my input setup. I have 3 interfaces connected to chests. The chests have impulse item ducts connected that automatically pull the items out in stacks of 2. I figured this was a good stack size to distribute everything in parallel. I actually ended up moving the ME cable to the back of this first interface, and looped the furnace output to the interface for automatic AE network submission.

2014-06-08_00.15.49.png

Final picture of everything buttoned up. The trapdoors are there so I can access the ME interfaces and add more recipes without tearing up the floor every time. I have room for 24 recipes right now, but can always some more interface and chest pairs if I run out of room.

2014-06-08_01.00.17.png

I have plans to set up some pulverizers in the same manner, but not quite this many. If you build something like this for your world, make sure to keep your input and output duct lines separate. The furnaces don't care, and won't put items in the wrong slot, but the round-robin distribution will include the ME interface as a possible target thereby making your crafting a few items short. AE won't catch the loop-back, and your crafting will get hung up as it will be waiting for the results after feeding the chests.

stumpy27

Jul 29, 2019
500,000 Oak wood and counting. Halfway there! All those planters/harvesters will be switched over to cabbages which are going really slowly even with `5 ~13x13 farms.
edXUGvM.jpg

Twisto I had my Lettuce farm setup each lettuce was assigned 2 Autonomouses or whatever One was to collect it and the other was to use bonemeal on the crop i got my constant supply of bones from my massive Skeleton farm and i pumped those bones into pulverizes then the bonemeal into the autonomouses or whatever I then swapped it to tomatoes and then wheat for the toast and tomatoe quests.

Also a tip With your mooshrooms try to knock out 3 quests at once Setup a Rancher a Slaughterhouse and sewers all pumping to their own QDS :)

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
8pa4WLW.png

I'm only starting with this mod. I barely have anything automated but I managed to do this (currently letting grass grow on it). I guess it's a good start. I was familiar with microblocks but didn't have much materials to use other than wood and stone for the bridge.

Reactions: MrCowle and netmc

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
New power plant. I have overgrown my lava dynamos and combustion dynamos running on liquifacted coal. I was consuming coal faster than I could sieve it. Instead of just spamming dynamos, I decided to invest in steam using the high oven and MFR steam turbines. It has taken several days of work to figure out the high oven's steam generation, but now that I have, I can generate a little over 2.6k RF/tick from each high oven. Running two of these will produce over 5k RF/tick. :D

Everything is fully automatic. I have a comparator on the back side of the resonant energy cell that is connected to an MFR rednet controller. The system turns off the steam generation when the cell is nearly full. As the cell drops down to about 50%, one high oven kicks on. When the cell drops down to about 25%, both high ovens turn on. Since the high ovens don't use much charcoal, I just have that on all the time.

The high ovens and control levers. This is the finished room. Well, all except the ceiling.
2014-06-14_19.32.16.png

The control levers. It's a little hard to read the sign on the right, but those levers provide a manual cut-off for each high oven. If the ovens are shut down, or run out of charcoal, they could fill up with water and not create any steam. The blue lever will disable the ovens, and pull any water and send it to a void block, and the reset button will toggle the redstone torches under the high oven control and start the ovens consuming charcoal again. The redstone torch was the only way I could send a redstone signal up two blocks, and hide all the workings in the floor.

2014-06-14_19.32.03.png

Just a picture of the steam turbines. There are 40 in all. I actually only needed 34 for the amount of steam I am producing, but 40 worked better with the way I wanted to layout the room.
2014-06-14_19.33.18.png

Here is the guts of the system before I made it all pretty.

2014-06-14_19.00.17.png

2014-06-14_18.59.06.png

2014-06-14_18.58.56.png

2014-06-14_19.00.36.png

2014-06-14_19.44.46.png

2014-06-14_20.25.47.png

Cioranonmymind

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

love this post, many interesting worlds. :)

Here is my world so far, nothing is finished, maybe everything's gonna change, maybe not, who knows.

An overview of the world:

24rCj25.png

Some animal farms and bee stuff:

uhQBJaz.png

The processing area (need to be expanded, later):

nZ5iHpL.png

And my AE mess:

zqC6Xuw.png

Tree farm, wheet farm, stone/glass/nether stuff production, and... pigs. No logic. :

oZPZqDt.png

Little blood altar with a villager spawner:

M1siKft.png

The house. No comment. :

5stHD6K.png

Sorry for the spam, and if my english sounds weird it's because it's not my native language. ;-)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
how on earth do people keep their islands so small...
I get very imptatient with waiting and just build huge contraptions, and while I'm waiting on something, I go do something else
in my last world I ended up with a huge island and still I was trying to keep it small...

Reactions: netmc and Adonis0

Cioranonmymind

Jul 29, 2019
I get very imptatient with waiting and just build huge contraptions, and while I'm waiting on something, I go do something else
in my last world I ended up with a huge island and still I was trying to keep it small...

Don't know if the message is destined to me, but personnally, I don't like to rush games, so in the case of Minecraft I prefer build something small but efficient and expand later if it's needed, take my time and see the progression instead of building a giant thing and beat the game in one day. That's the way I enjoy it. ;-)

Reactions: MiniMoggie

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I just build as I go. But I do have some huge builds.
The trick for a Sky block map is building up and down.
Because you don't need to fig out that basement...you just need to put the floor in.

None of my AgSkies maps have gotten bigger than 5x5 chunks with lots of spare space.