Should I keep Factorization?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Because the only buildcraft addon that has ore processing (besides thermal expansion, mind you) is commonly misconceived as tripling ores, when in reality it actually 2.6658eyo893876876754787er8t75876387y69587 it (not the real number, i just don't know what the exact is)

Unless, of course, you're talking about thermal expansion's rich slag, which doesn't make consistent ore tripling.

Does this mod have a name?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Routers are very useful when you have logistics pipes, especially when you want to cut down on the expensive modules and their configuration.It simplifies things greatly. I also like to use them to have as a manual input for slow machines like compressors.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Servos are also really good for automation, they require some time to learn to use them, but then they are really amazing. With unique possibilities.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For the Oreberries nuggets, I just run the berries through a powered furnace, which outputs into a series of Force Pipes which combines the nuggets into ingots , then ingots into blocks before reaching my storage. The aluminum (sp?) nuggets combines into raw aluminum and then are piped into the Smeltery instead, with a powered liquiduct into a casting table with an ingot cast, as well as a hopper below the casting table, it crafts them raw alu into alu ingits and then also forward them into my storage.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
For the Oreberries nuggets, I just run the berries through a powered furnace, which outputs into a series of Force Pipes which combines the nuggets into ingots , then ingots into blocks before reaching my storage. The aluminum (sp?) nuggets combines into raw aluminum and then are piped into the Smeltery instead, with a powered liquiduct into a casting table with an ingot cast, as well as a hopper below the casting table, it crafts them raw alu into alu ingits and then also forward them into my storage.
Or you could skip all that and throw it directly into a smeltery and have a timer hooked up to a drain with a faucet sending the liquid into an ingot cast and have a hopper under the table.

But ore berries are a bit off topic here...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
rue to a certain extent but that would require me to have multiple smelteries if I do not want the metal to mix. Like aluminum + copper, or tin + copper.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
rue to a certain extent but that would require me to have multiple smelteries if I do not want the metal to mix. Like aluminum + copper, or tin + copper.
Yeah, but what's the difference from making more smelteries and making more pulverized + powered furnaces + power?

Oh right, making more pulverizers + powered furnaces costs more.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yeah, but what's the difference from making more smelteries and making more pulverized + powered furnaces + power?
Oh right, making more pulverizers + powered furnaces costs more.
No-one's suggesting making more pulverizers and powered furnaces. You only need one furnace to process all the berries. After that, it's just autocrafting nuggets into ingots whenever you have enough, which is just an export bus in autocraft mode pointing to an interface. Whenever there's 9 nuggets, you get an ingot.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
No-one's suggesting making more pulverizers and powered furnaces. You only need one furnace to process all the berries. After that, it's just autocrafting nuggets into ingots whenever you have enough, which is just an export bus in autocraft mode pointing to an interface. Whenever there's 9 nuggets, you get an ingot.
Oh, right. I could've sworn he said something about pulverizers...