Shoop LP [YT Season 2]

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched the third video, and wanted to clear some things up about BoP redwood saplings. I just got curious about them one day and ran some tests so uh
That thing about them needing to be 6 blocks away from other redwoods isn't entirely correct (I don't remember the exact number either, but it was between 5 and 9). You can have any amount of redwood logs nearby, but anything else will prevent the tree from growing - even torches, tall grass, more redwood saplings, snow or other transparent blocks. In fact, you only need one sapling for the whole tree to grow, that was changed in a somewhat recent version. I don't recall running into any issues with (Natura cloud) blocks above them, but I don't recall testing that much either... and lastly, all eight blocks around the sapling need to be grass blocks, it doesn't like dirt.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
test all the things \o/. but looking good saice just watched the videos so excited to see all the extra tidbit's here.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You were wondering where to go, so here's an idea. All Engineer's Toolbox sockets, but all the automation with Steve's Factory Manager. So you can't make one big multi-block, but you've got to break it up with SFM cables, and blocks. Just a thought. I don't personally have the patience to deal with SFM, but you seem to enjoy it, and a good challenge. Plus those things are pretty fun to work with.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Not really. I normally have some vague idea of what I want to do and then I just wing it. Often I get side tracked but other ideas. but when I get into big projects that is when I get more of a solid plan of action. But even those I don't tend to over plan I like a more organic as I go sort of way of building and often will redo large parts of something multiple times before I get something I like. Often I will pop over to a creative map to try out stuff before doing it in my main world if it is going to be costly or time consuming.
Logistics pipes...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, what are those things on top of the furnace? And what's that ladder from?

Everyone already answered this but yes the ladder is from carpenter's blocks and the thingies are crushed from metallurgy. Those are a cheap and easy early game ore doubler they are slow but you can toss half a stack of ore in them and walk away.

XEqualsPenguin

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that putting a dolly in an ender pouch removes the slowness debuff. Very helpful when moving chests a long distance.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Did anyone else have the sound on episode 5 go wonky at the 30 minute mark? Sounded like the mike was too far away.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That clattering you hear in some of my videos is my spouse typing they sit like 5 feet from me while I record stuff