Server Owners! Sneak peak at my WIP Plugin/Mod

Would you use this on your server?

• Total voters

2xgaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I need some input on a plugin I am working on. It is basically going to be like Towny or Factions but it will directly be built around FTB modpacks and Madpack. This meaning I will be adding all ID's and adjusting the plugin to work functionally without having server owners going in and configuring the things they don't know.

Do keep in mind I am just posting the features of my modpack at the moment so pictures will be coming up soon showing what it looks like.

Benefits of this Plugin:
  • I will be making plugins for each modpack that is mostly used.
  • Fixing all the items relating to that modpack that would allow a person to grief or dupe to be patched! (This means those items won't be banned on the server and they won't need to be because I have already fixed the issue with the dupe system and the griefing)
  • Land Claiming will be on a super lockdown and you wont ever have to worry about getting your items lost or stolen! Every single item in that modpack will be covered!
My Plugin Features:

I plan on making this work with almost every single modpack I can do with my spare time and help make it easily usable by server owners.
  • All players start off with a 16x16 Chunk.
    • This can be increased by doing certain objectives in the game! Once you have claimed your land there will be a book and a chest in your chunk listing what you need to do and once you have done them you can progress into adding more land! This won't be easy as I want it to be challenging.
    • Players can set permissions on who can place, remove, or interact with objects with simple commands on their land.
    • Adding another player to your chunk will increase the difficulty of your Chunk Challenge (CC).
    • The land you claim will be granting you protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing! This also includes the items that are specifically in the modpack that would cause dupes or massive grief!
  • Jobs and Experiences
    • When you start off your land claim you will be given a rank of *Wood
    • Once you have completed certain task as listed above you will gain experiences and eventually upgrading your job skill sets!
    • Skill Trees - Yes! there will be a custom GUI just for your skill trees (Mining, Fishing, Digging, Brawling, Farming, Archery, and many more)
    • With unlocking the skills you will be given special benefits (tsk tsk...its a secret!)
    • You will be required to level up certain traits here even if you completed the task given on your land claim check list.
  • The Wilderness
    • You start off in the wild but once you claim your land you will be fully protected and from there you can adjust it to have many options listed bellow:
    • Toggle Friendly Fire
    • Once you have made a claim you will be having zombie hordes raiding you so make sure that you set up defenses!
    • The more land you claim the more difficult the mobs are when raiding your claim!
  • Protecting your claim from Mob Takeover! (Basically King of the Hill)
    • Once you have owned about 4 chunks mobs will start heading in groups to take over your claim! They will and can destroy blocks and once they have taken over a chunk for a period of time you will lost that chunk and you cant start over on the same challenge needed for that 4th slot! it keeps going making land claiming harder!
    • Players may only teleport to their Claimed land once every 5 Minutes
  • Anti-Grief
    • I have made these specifically for the desired modpacks and adjusting the code to make sure that there is no way a person can grief you from your land! They may place a nuke or what ever around your house if they want. They will instantly die and all their loot ends up in a Chest on your claimed land where only you can open it and loot their items!
    • Server Admins are not allowed to view or bypass commands to view or use anything in your claimed land! This is only allowed for one Admin and they will be given a token that they have to add and it locks onto that server just for that user! Never worry about staff abuse!
  • Economy from Jobs
    • As mentioned above you will be given currency that you can use to either trade with other land claims or in a market (There will be a custom market where you can sell and or exchange goods to NPC's) - The prices change only depending on the servers economy and there is a buy sell limit to reduce inflation!
    • There will be a tax for your land claim! the more you own the more you pay!
  • Land Claim Upgrades!!!!!
    • There is a skill tree just for your land claims!
    • Once you progress you not only get a skill point for your skills(Jobs) you also get on for your claim which gives your claims certain benefits: [You may only choose one per chunk to prevent opness]
      • Regeneration
      • Faster Crop Growth
      • Double Up (x2 production output)
      • Damage (AOE Damage to anything in the area but the owner!) - half a heart per sec
      • Tainted Land - Excessive mobs spawn (Less lag and no mob spawners needed) - Warning! These mobs can claim your other chunks if you don't defend it! It is meant to be a risk!
      • 7 more additional perks but those will not be out for public just yet!

Well this is all the information I can give to you guys I would just like to know what your input on this would be and what kind of recommendations you think should be added to this. I really appreciate your time reading this. I love you all and please leave me feedback on what you think on my mod/plugin!

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of work and time you need to put in to this is not for every man . be sure you are up for it :) we don't have allot of protection plugins that work, so if you do this right and fix problem fast ( every day ), it will sure be used .
custom GUI will need to have a client side of the mod. not sure how many players will want to search and add a mod to enter the server. so think on this

some of the mob ideas are cool for games. but not so sure for every day protection

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Looke like an awesome idea, it will be a lot of work for sure. It would be nice, if possible, to be able to turn on/off selected features using a configuration file.