Sandstone Block..? [Optifine installed]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
What Block is the block that has the top of the sandstone but on the sides as well?
The Block that my mouse is pointing at. The little +, what block is that that the textures connect so beautifully. Is this a result of optifine? How can I have this?

I tried to recreate such a block in regular minecraft(with optifine)but to no avail was it done.

FYI: I am using the Vanilla Texturepack that comes preinstalled with the game. (No Texture pack basically). Do not say, oh its part of the texturepack.
FYI: I was playing quakecraft on the hypixel server on the map Faarah.
FYI: I know this is in know way shape or form related to FTB, but I need to know how to create said block so I can build beautifully with it on my FTB world.

Screenshots
bW1hcnP.png

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Might try the "WAILA" mod ... short for What am I looking at. You can play with the key config to turn it on or off but when it's on and you're looking at a block - it tells you what that block is.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong but I believe those aren't blocks you can get normally. I've seen them in videos of the latest Super Hostile map, and when broken they drop normal sandstone half slabs. They are probably modified in MCedit to have that smooth texture (which is the texture of the top side of sandstone blocks) instead of their normal side texture.

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
Is it kinda like the full smooth stone halfslab trick? Where it is no longer available in game?

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly, except that I don't think this has ever been in the game. The smooth stone half slab trick was just a bug that eventually got patched. However, as far as I know this bug only occurred with smooth stone slabs, never with sandstone. So it is probably something you can only do with MCedit.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
It's an edited block, unavailable in survival. If you break it it drops two sandstone slabs, because it's a glitched item. It exists in the game but you need an inventory editor to obtain it.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh... I'm pretty sure that's just CTM smooth sandstone. Optifine has CTM, so that's why.
I see it a lot in adventure maps and on servers, and I don't use optifine. The first example I can think of is Vech's "Inferno Mines" map, which has a lot of this block.

Of course, it's entirely possible that optifine adds a texture which looks exactly like the one I'm thinking of. The textures are in the game, they're bound to be used by several things.

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh... I'm pretty sure that's just CTM smooth sandstone. Optifine has CTM, so that's why.
Sorry Aaninja but I just made a new instance without optifine, went on the same map. Still there. It is actually a vanilla block suprisingily.

Its two sandstone slabs but with the damage value of 9.

43:9 gets you this wonderful block.
There are also smooth stone slabs and quarts slabs, similar block where the middle line of the halfslab is not shown.
8oLGMQp.png

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
It's a really nice block and I hope it becomes available in survival eventually. Weren't they going to re-add the smooth stone slab as an obtainable block due to popular request?

Maybe by cooking either normal or smooth sandstone would give you this even smoother block.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft the smooth double stone slab with two slabs in FTB but doing that with sandstone slabs gets you chiseled sandstone. Same with quartz actually but that's not in 1.4.7.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft the smooth double stone slab with two slabs in FTB but doing that with sandstone slabs gets you chiseled sandstone. Same with quartz actually but that's not in 1.4.7.

AFAIK TS railcraft that adds that recipe.
"But how does that relate to rails?"
The same way diamond block walls do, that's how - Covert thinks they're pretty.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong but I believe those aren't blocks you can get normally. I've seen them in videos of the latest Super Hostile map, and when broken they drop normal sandstone half slabs. They are probably modified in MCedit to have that smooth texture (which is the texture of the top side of sandstone blocks) instead of their normal side texture.

It's the 43:9 double slab block, which has the top texture on all 6 sides. You can get it through /give, no MCedit necessary.
Vetches put them in his Inferno Mines map, and you can boop through them like butter.