RP2 blue electricity converted to ic2 EU

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
so i was woundering if there is a way to convert from the rp2 power to EU in a efficient way
with out going from blue > MJ > EU

because i love the windmills , and dont want to go all out on solar panels for ones

playing dw20 pack

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
No. There are probably several fancy (and no doubt inefficient) ways of doing it, but there is nothing that directly converts from Blutricity to EU.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You can use RP machines to feed water mills buckets, generating 1EU per mill instead of a tiny fraction of that.

Not a direct conversion, but...

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but that doesn't even use bluletric energy in any way. That is just using a mod pack is for. Integrating mods with each other.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
RP Windmill output is rather low by IC2 standrards. Just like a couple IC2 windmills probably.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Bu you don't need retriever. Just deployer and two filters

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Eloraam is going to be allowing anybody to make Blutricity out of MJ or EU any time soon, as the best methods of generating MJ or EU would greatly outweigh any of Eloraam's RP2 Blutricity generation, and I'm fairly confident she's fairly defensive when it comes to anybody messing with her mod and the way she balances it.

SerTrollface

Jul 29, 2019
Blue energy->RP2 engine->a way to convert MJs in EUs (easiest is to install the converters mod, if you don't think it's OP)

Kariko83

Jul 29, 2019
you could always do this: Bluelectric engine> Magma Crucible + Igneous Extruder> Geothermal Generator

It's not super efficient but it will work.

Reactions: SeriousBilly

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Terribly inefficient? Hardly.

Blulectric engine is the only J -> MJ converter available, so it's the ideal conversion ratio by default.
Magma crucible running on cobblestone gives you an 1:1 conversion of MJ to EU.

Therefore this setup gives you a basically lossless conversion method. If you add netherrack as a secondary fuel, you can make it even better.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Terribly inefficient? Hardly.

Blulectric engine is the only J -> MJ converter available, so it's the ideal conversion ratio by default.
Magma crucible running on cobblestone gives you an 1:1 conversion of MJ to EU.

Therefore this setup gives you a basically lossless conversion method. If you add netherrack as a secondary fuel, you can make it even better.

Eh, sorry, didn't mean terribly inefficient by any sort of mathematical standard, just meant much less efficient than your average MC player might call efficient.

Anyway, we already have a conversion ratio from the Electric Engine, I daresay the reverse conversion's a lot less efficient?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, Blutricity is a relatively low power system.

The Redpower furnaces run on an equivalent of 1 MJ/t, whereas other energy-fueled furnaces take things like 2 MJ/t or 3 EU/t. And the other blulectric machines, such as sorting machines and retrievers, consume so little that even a redstone engine's output seems large in comparison.

When you're converting from Blutricity to Buildcraft energy, you're converting from a system that uses small amounts to a system that uses large amounts, so obviously the end result that arrives in Buildcraft energy isn't going to be very large, regardless of the conversion efficiency.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think she's going to go with power from lava other than the already existing Thermopile, and that's passive power generation and does not consume the lava.