Rotarycraft Monster Spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
So i was a bit short on blaze rods and decided to set up a temporary blaze spawner in my basement
I wanted to try out the spawner controller but i didnt have a spot to set up any kind of permanent thing and i figured i could handle whatever this thing put out...
WcH2crV.png

I was wrong

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
4mw at like 2m rads, not sure exactly the speed you need for 0 spawn delay, but that was more than enough
Had to go for a little boat ride away from my base to get them to despawn, I tried to kill them by hand with some good armour and a regen pendant but they took me down to 3 hearts in about half a second.

Put up a glass wall and some spikes, soo many blazes though
syRPCeG.png

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm..
I tried to put a spider spawner up.
with a full a magnetostic with a 16:1 gear and I only get to 200 spawn delay.
do I do anything wrong?

total power: 4,2 M
rad/s : 32768

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm..
I tried to put a spider spawner up.
with a full a magnetostic with a 16:1 gear and I only get to 200 spawn delay.
do I do anything wrong?

total power: 4,2 M
rad/s : 32768
Pretty sure you'll need 1m rads to get 0 spawn delay

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Until you get up to the CVT, playing with gearboxes will be a biggie.

And, that's historically accurate. Leonardo may have had the idea, but as far as I know the first CVT was built ... (hmm, check wikipedia) Oh wow:
Milton Reeves invented a variable speed transmission for saw milling in 1879

So a good 60 years earlier than I thought.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pretty sure you'll need 1m rads to get 0 spawn delay
I believe I can confirm this; 1MW is enough, if you gear for 1M rad/s. Given enough spawn room, you'll have more mobs than you know what to do with.

(Taking a hint from Reika's videos, I place my spawners such that the mobs spawn in midair and then fall down, creating room for more to spawn as I understand it)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
forgot to give a update here... I finally made it work with 3 meoasdfgsdfgf engines and 3 chained 16:1 gearboxes in speedmode.
Did it in a normal 9x9x5 room and I urgently have to add some more grinders since 1 just can´t keep up.

:) free mob essence for the rest of the MFR auto spawners.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
forgot to give a update here... I finally made it work with 3 meoasdfgsdfgf engines and 3 chained 16:1 gearboxes in speedmode.
Did it in a normal 9x9x5 room and I urgently have to add some more grinders since 1 just can´t keep up.

:) free mob essence for the rest of the MFR auto spawners.
If you have ElectriCraft in your modpack (also by Reika) that's a really nice solution as well. Easy on/off power for each part of your spawner/grinder setup.

Reactions: Padfoote

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Worryingly, is someone rushed the rotary craft tech tree or they spawned stuff in this would crash a server really quickly...

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Worryingly, is someone rushed the rotary craft tech tree or they spawned stuff in this would crash a server really quickly...
Ummmmmm.....
Blaze spawners spawn more mobs than any other spawner, and faster. How would this kill a server? If a SSP world can handle this, a server can.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ummmmmm.....
Blaze spawners spawn more mobs than any other spawner, and faster. How would this kill a server? If a SSP world can handle this, a server can.

I've done it before without RotaryCraft.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
IIRC spawners spawn more the lower the light level gets, and blaze spawners have a higher cutoff point.

Right, but I was saying I've been able to crash a server by spawning mobs before (granted, it wasn't a dedicated server, but still) without RotaryCraft.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Right, but I was saying I've been able to crash a server by spawning mobs before (granted, it wasn't a dedicated server, but still) without RotaryCraft.
Ah. I thought you were talking about filled a large space with blazes. The server thing hasn't happened to me yet, unless they gave me a Block (Cursed Earth) page.

Reactions: Padfoote