Rotary craft Fans only Harvest some Magical Crops....Any ideas how to fix it?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I am using RC fans to harvest magical crops. I setup a redstone field to run some heated redstone generators. The fans worked fine. I setup a 2nd field with dye, coal, water, and earth seeds. I planned on using using the water and earth essence to make leaves for RC ethanol. For some reason, it won't harvest any of the elemental crops. The coal and dye harvested fine. I tried earth, air, water, fire in spots that the machines harvested the other types, so I know the fans were working properly. Is there a way to add a plant to the fans?? They show up in WAILA like the rest of the seeds. No messed up names and show the maturity level so they seem to be registering the same in WAILA as other plants. Any ideas would be helpful.

After some testing in creative and only using the ones with recipes, the following crops will not harvest with fans, Ferrous, Aluminum, Cobalt, Ardite, Platinum, Ruby, Peridot, Saphire, Wither, or Essence crops as well as the 4 elemental crops. I am thoroughly confused now.

Here's pics of the setup. As you can see all but the elemental crops are harvesting. I haven't gotten past the 3rd tier seeds to know if there are more.
9TXHzjo.png

And you can see here the fans have the range and power right.
JwsA6tg.png

Last edited:

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
This has been brought up in Reika's Thread on MCF multiple times, the Magical Crops API isn't stable enough to make it worth to fix.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You do know a single fan covers a 3 wide area, the row the fan is on and 1 each side?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You do know a single fan covers a 3 wide area, the row the fan is on and 1 each side?
They will harvest 3 wide, but won't collect the extras with the power I am giving them. Each set of 8 is only running off a single steam engine. It is only enough power to replant...I had to add the item vacuum to collect the drops.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for the responses. I ended up making a sickle and put Silk Touch on it. Took about 10 minutes to get 60 stacks of leaves. I just switched the farms to ones that work and looking into other sources to make ethanol..