RFC - Techtree for game progression

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
the next time our server restarts I'd like to limit myself the way i play. So i´m designing a tech tree that i will follow. It should be based around IC2 (just because i like to use the new version).

--- some explanation why i want to do it, only read if interested ---
My Problem is that i loose the will to play on when i am fully done with every technical gimmick i like to have. So i´m also not quick when i build some nice looking things i takes ages and i often get distracted by a tech build i like to do. But as stated when the tech is done, mostly times i did´t finish my buildings. I also find out that i like searching for resources a lot more than having unlimited amounts (quarry, mfr laser). On the other hand i don't like mindless grinding for everything. In specific time sinks that add no real depth to the game (the new IC2 is short before the line for me is crossed).
----

So my target is a good tech tree to follow and i like some comments and maybe additions to the way i designed it for now. I still need a goal for each stage to say i am done and can advance to the next tier. But i´m kind of stuck in my thinking at this stage.
btw. the server will be based around the core Direwolf 1.6 Pack (with some mods added)
Ok here is what i got so far:

General Restrictions:
- No automatic Mining with Quarry, MFR Laser maybe Turtle. Steves Carts and Thaumcraft is OK
- No Lava from the Nether or other dimension.
- No item Teleportation. Use pipes, minecarts,... wherever possible.
- First build a nice looking room then machines in that room. Every room should have a purpose.
- MJ can only be generated through Electrical Engines.
- Only three energie sources of the same kind are allowed. Generator with peat and coal count as different energy sources.
- unsure (Set the energy cost of the AE network to times 5 or 10, to make it harder)

Techtree:

Tier 1 - The start
- all tools need to be build with tinkers construct even the wooden ones.
- only generators are allowed as energy source and only batbox for storeage.

Tier 2 - The green revolution
- Build solar, geothermal and wind generators for power
- set up lava storage and pump lava from the underground caves with pipes/minecarts
- begin steel production
- Automate all farms
- The theory of magic opens a new path (start with magic)

Tier 3 - screw green power - industrial revolution
- Oil and ethanol production, storage and generators.
- Start with a new advanced technologie about the nature of redstone. (Termal Expansion)

Tier 4 - All the power i need
- Produce power with nuclear reactor.

Tier 5 - The future
- MFFS
- Gravity Suite
- Compact Solar panels
- Steam boiler with generators
- all the other cool stuff