Regenerate world question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
any tips on how to regenerate an existing world to add new ores...

My daughter and i have been playing on a private server i am hosting, now she build a nice farm for her animals and been buzy with beekeeping and several farm related stuff. I've just been doing standard direwolf stuf :p

We started out with a self modded version with several mods in, mostly the same as the FTB pack, and some extras added in for good measure. Now i've found the FTB pack pretty decent and could even expand on the mods we are using. But it comes with a catch...

I would like to keep our existing world and regenerate the ores to include the new ores from thermal expansion and in a later stadium als redpower. From what i've read i think it's possible to just load up MCEDIT and delete everything that isn't our farm/house and just start the server, it should regenerate the parts that are deleted ? we would loose our mine, but we can just start a new one then.

Is this the correct way to go about getting the new ores in the map, or are there other or easier ways... MCEDIT isn't the most userfriendly :p

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
That will work, but you will likely end up with messed up borders in places. It could even potentially change your biomes- so it will start snowing in places it never snowed before (one example).

I'd make a backup of your world and try it first.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the new ore's in is tricky.

Walk out to places that are not generated yet there will be new Ore's.

Also making mystraft worlds will include the new ore's

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
That will work, but you will likely end up with messed up borders in places. It could even potentially change your biomes- so it will start snowing in places it never snowed before (one example).

I'd make a backup of your world and try it first.

Shouldn't the world stay the same cause it is generated from the same seed ? Only got a basic idea on how world generation work :p

Getting the new ore's in is tricky.

Walk out to places that are not generated yet there will be new Ore's.

Also making mystraft worlds will include the new ore's

that works too probably, but we spawned on a cool island, so that would make us have to discover new islands/continents to find easy access to ores.... or build enough quarries in the ocean, that is why i was looking to try to get the new ores under our island :D

My daughter is only 13, trying to keep it simple (for her):p

PS, i am also from belgium ^_^

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't the world stay the same cause it is generated from the same seed ? Only got a basic idea on how world generation work :p

that works too probably, but we spawned on a cool island, so that would make us have to discover new islands/continents to find easy access to ores.... or build enough quarries in the ocean, that is why i was looking to try to get the new ores under our island :D

My daughter is only 13, trying to keep it simple (for her):p

PS, i am also from belgium ^_^

When generating using the same seed, the world may not look exactly the same, like the volcanoes can have a different shape.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
no problem, there wasn't any redpower in our world, so i suppose we dont have any volcano problem yet... i'll remove em manual if they spawn inside buildings if possible...

altho it kinda sucks that the IC2 block id's in the config files from FTB have changed over the versions, i was using one of the first version config files and now i keep getting errors on mismatching block id's in the config and the world files... altho some manual labor setting the right will do the trick.

After that i can see if the world looks kinda the same, haven't deleted chuncks yet, first working on getting our map up and running for now

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019

Minecraft changes the world generator occasionally so the same seed will have entirely different results. I had my main area change to a snow biome on one map.

Status
Not open for further replies.