Red Power 2 Nether Energy

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
So, i tried to pump out a Lava Lake, but i have some problems.
First i tried the BC3 Pump, but it stoppet after the first sourceblock was sucked in.
Because i know that the RP2 Grate will locate multiple sourceblocks, i will use it instead...but how do i get energy into the nether?
Geothermal wont work because of the Water
Solar wont work because its a cave
Wind wont work...i think

so, is there any way?

kevinthedude2000

Jul 29, 2019
Thermopiles. They generate small amounts of RP2 energy bases on the difference in temperature. e.g: place a water/ice on one side and lava on another.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
^ its a little hard to do so with water evaporating instantly in the nether...

Honestly i think the best option is charging batteries in the overworld, then ferrying them to the pump

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Ice will evaporate, so you will have to replace it. However Nether seems to be rather windy place, I'd try that.

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
ice can be used to make water source blocks in the nether, just break an ice block with another block underneath it, and you will have a permanent water source block in the nether, this can be used for thermopiles, and doesn't need the maintenance and space that a wind turbine does

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Ice can't be used as a water source in the Nether anymore. You can however get water using RP2 pump to pump it out of some container, or by making water source blocks with UU-matter.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The convection currents in the Nether are quite sufficient to power a windmill. Protecting them from ghast projectiles, however, is the challenge. Being made of string and all, the blades are quite flammable. Defensive structures have a tendency to blow air currents, unless they are quite large.

Reactions: JMakAttak3

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
use a deployer to place ice blocks next to the thermopile. Set them up with a timer and use a glacial precipitator in the overworld to make ice. You'll still have to ship the ice to the nether but it should work. I haven't tried it yet.

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
use a deployer to place ice blocks next to the thermopile. Set them up with a timer and use a glacial precipitator in the overworld to make ice. You'll still have to ship the ice to the nether but it should work. I haven't tried it yet.

If you start shipping blocks, it might be easier to setup two filters on a battery block and nether-chest over full batteries from a charging bench. One filter for a full battery, one for an empty battery.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If you start shipping blocks, it might be easier to setup two filters on a battery block and nether-chest over full batteries from a charging bench. One filter for a full battery, one for an empty battery.

That is a possibility too but much more resource intensive option.

kevinthedude2000

Jul 29, 2019
For easy wireless and interdimensional transfer of bluetric energy, just set up a system with block breakers and deployers to breal a full battery box and stick it in an enderchest, then pull it out somewhere else and replace it.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say that the battery charging station in the overworld with enderchest seems to be the best and most reliable method. You got a smaller footprint on the equipment needed, making it easier to defend from ghast and it is reasonably portable so can be moved when and if needed. Just set it up, build a bunker around it to protect it and you should be good.