Recycler with Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fyugre

Jul 29, 2019
So I have my some of my cobble/dirt going into 3 recyclers, but my recyclers cant keep up with a 60MJ/t quarry, any suggestions?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
So I have my some of my cobble/dirt going into 3 recyclers, but my recyclers cant keep up with a 60MJ/t quarry, any suggestions?

I believe that 48MJ/t is the max. a quarry can actually use before it is wasted (gets voided/etc).

That aside, you should only need one recycler for both cobblestone and dirt. What you need to do is set up an MFE, and then an LV transformer, and then power them both that way. They'll get more packets of LV power that way, and you'll be able to put a few overclocker upgrades in them. I believe the break even point is seven overclockers for a quarry slamming through cobblestone.

Give it a try.

Fyugre

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that 48MJ/t is the max. a quarry can actually use before it is wasted (gets voided/etc).

That aside, you should only need one recycler for both cobblestone and dirt. What you need to do is set up an MFE, and then an LV transformer, and then power them both that way. They'll get more packets of LV power that way, and you'll be able to put a few overclocker upgrades in them. I believe the break even point is seven overclockers for a quarry slamming through cobblestone.

Give it a try.
Derp, meant to say 50MJ/t that's what I had set on max of my redstone energy cell :p (wasn't outputting that much) Thanks! I'll set that up.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Derp, meant to say 50MJ/t that's what I had set on max of my redstone energy cell :p (wasn't outputting that much) Thanks! I'll set that up.

No worries. Also, you can right click on the plus and minus buttons to do 1MJ instead of the left click action of 5MJ, but yeah, I normally just leave it at 50MJ as well.

Just make sure to put down the power system first so you can get the transformer pointing the right way so you don't explode everything. Also, you'll want at least one energy storage upgrade, but a full stack of four will not hurt at all.

Reactions: Fyugre

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Another option would be to void the junk and sit igneous extruders on top of the recyclers. They're not anywhere as fast, but it's slow and steady versus quick and intermittent. Leave them chunkloaded on a server and you'll be swimming in the stuff. Add more extruders per recycler if you need it to be faster.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Another option would be to void the junk and sit igneous extruders on top of the recyclers. They're not anywhere as fast, but it's slow and steady versus quick and intermittent. Leave them chunkloaded on a server and you'll be swimming in the stuff. Add more extruders per recycler if you need it to be faster.

This works, but when you have the extra cobble/dirt, it's really nice to be able to use it. If you cannot get your recyclers to get to the speed to be able to handle the full load of your quarry, you can also have an overflow on the same pathway to void pipe the excess.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather not have my matter/mass fabricator dependent on whether or not I'm running a quarry. But, of course, that's just personal preference.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather not have my matter/mass fabricator dependent on whether or not I'm running a quarry. But, of course, that's just personal preference.

If you quarry often enough, you shouldn't have any issue with that. My matter fabricator is running with around 3000eu/t, and it is barely eating through my scrapboxes extradimensional barrel.

But yes, if you quarry rarely, and have a LOT of power going into your matter fabricator, then yes, you will want some way to supplement your scrap supply. But this is pretty hard to have happen if you quarry every now and again.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a GT matter fabricator going, but only on about 1/5th or so of the power you're generating. I've got 3 extruders on top of 3 recyclers and the fabricator's buffer is always filled with scrap. Haven't bothered to bump up the speed yet.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a GT matter fabricator going, but only on about 1/5th or so of the power you're generating. I've got 3 extruders on top of 3 recyclers and the fabricator's buffer is always filled with scrap. Haven't bothered to bump up the speed yet.

Yeah, I quarry a 64x64 pit once a day, so it stays fresh with cobblestone. Loads of the stuff.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I just fill my extra-dimensional barrels and void the rest. I then hook up an igneous extruder to a single non-upgraded recycler, which feeds directly to my GT matterfabricator and keeps up perfectly. Unless you want to start using scrapboxes, there's not much point IMO.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I quarry a 64x64 pit once a day, so it stays fresh with cobblestone. Loads of the stuff.
How? Like how are you doing this once a day and have room for the stuff and time to let it run? I've run 3 full sized quarries since the mindcrack pack came out originally and I still have barrels of materials and tier 3 tech (no fusion though). I don't see how you're doing this

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How? Like how are you doing this once a day and have room for the stuff and time to let it run? I've run 3 full sized quarries since the mindcrack pack came out originally and I still have barrels of materials and tier 3 tech (no fusion though). I don't see how you're doing this

First, in that world, I am using Logistics Pipes to make sorting a whole lot easier.

That aside, I sort all of the ore blocks/gems/etc (anything that you get a good deal of during a quarry) into their own dedicated extradimensional barrel. Dirt/sand/gravel/cobblestone all go into recyclers at this point.

After the main things, the rest hits a 5x5 iron chest array for overflow.

In regards to time, I am not entirely sure what your question means.

And I've got around 220 stacks of iron ore, so it isn't as if I'm using all of the materials. I have yet to set up a processing system (and won't be as I'm in a new world now).

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I only play ssp and i don't leave the game running, so it takes days for me to run a full quarry

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I only play ssp and i don't leave the game running, so it takes days for me to run a full quarry

Well, there is your problem then, mate. The vast majority of people that are playing are going to be using quarries for their intended use, which is automated mining whilst not around. That is why they specifically have chunk loading built in.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
-_- i have more iron than you from 3 quarries. that's my confusion

You have more iron than me from three quarries? I, currently, have 220 STACKS of iron ore. Perhaps you did not notice that it was stacks, yes?

If you have more than 220 stacks of iron ore blocks (that is 14080 iron ore blocks, or three and a half FULL layers of a 64x64 quarry), you are doing something RIGHT! And likely you have a MystCraft world with a BUNCH of dense ore symbols, or perhaps iron ore tendrills.