Recording FTB

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have done plenty of recording in the past, but lately my machine has been letting me down on FTB. I can record at around 30-40FPS which, whilst being fine for YouTube it is not great for me to play on (Especially when I am used to seeing 100-200 FPS [ I have a 120hz monitor before you say it isn't true a true 100FPS ] in most games. I usually see 100+ in FTB Monster when not recording. ] )

What would be the best way to combat this in your guys opinions? I have paid for nearly every screen recording device known to man. (DxTory, Fraps, xSplit etc.) and DXtory gives me the best frame rate to quality ratio out of the lot. I currently run an i7-3770k @ 3.9Ghz (Need a new mobo to increase my clock speed) + Asus GTX 770 2GB OC edition, 8GB of Kingston ram and some pretty intense cooling gear on my case and components. I also have my own dedicated FTB server for myself and 2-3 friends, would playing on the server reduce CPU / RAM usage on my part as the server would be doing the hard work or not?

Many thanks in advance guys,
Matt

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, playing on a dedicated server will, with a proper internet connection, hugely increase your performance. When it comes to screen capture itself, I can only recommend you to try OBS, if you haven't already. It might be a bit complicated to set it up for the first time, but with a bit of time on your hand and a good look at their forums, you will surely find something fitting.

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, playing on a dedicated server will, with a proper internet connection, hugely increase your performance. When it comes to screen capture itself, I can only recommend you to try OBS, if you haven't already. It might be a bit complicated to set it up for the first time, but with a bit of time on your hand and a good look at their forums, you will surely find something fitting.
I've used OBS for livestreaming (Back before I had xSplit) but never found the need to use it as xSplit always used to be fine with other games. I suppose OBS is worth a shot considering it uses a lot less resources on your PC. Good thinking, I probably should of thought of that myself -.-