recomendations wanted!

should i go with a modpack or make my own for vid creation purposes?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use my modpack instead (link it to me and i will look at it at the very least)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I'm back from a hiatus, and i desire to get back into play again (and vid making, but that is for antoher thread)
I do need some advice tho, seeing as the drama around GT is as bad as ever, and that Redpower is unlikely to ever get done within a reasonable timeframe.
I want to move away from those two mods in particular, but also IC2 in general. or to put it another way, i need advice on what kind of industrial mod i should use as my core resourcing mod as a replacement for IC2.

My thoughts so far:
I want Tinkerers construct. I love the tool mechanics of Tinkerers tools. it also obsoletes some of the gear from IC2, a good thing in my mind.
I also want railcraft and buildcraft. railcraft for it's improved rail mechanics and long distance item transport, and buildcraft for it's pipes and the quarry. I know i can use TE along with BC as my core industrial system, and that both MFR and forestry work wonderfully alongside both. forestry also adds a lot of fun catch them all stuff like bees and trees. I love me some of that catch em all stuff. it makes the game last a lot longer that way.

What i'm not certain off, is whether I should add another industrial core system like UE and its' machines as well. I desire to have some kind of modern power tool tech ladder to climb once i am done with the steamy 18th century stuff (railcraft TE and buildcraft makes for a nice steampunky feeling no?)
Since i haven't really kept up to date on most mods, I'm a little lost on what to do. I could go for some kind of modpack that had my minimum requirements included in it, but then again. i also want to experience lots of mods that has exploration type stuff in it. especially resources that give a reason to build resource gathering bases in other biomes and stuff. thing is, I have no idea on what to include at present in that category.

So what should i do? are there any modpacks that stand out?, or should i make my own? If so. what mods is a must, what mods should be there for the fun, and last but not least. how should i replace redpower on the redstone logic front? I'd rather avoid the new vanilla redstone stuff. it just annoys the heck out of me tbh.

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
The only modpack i know that doesn't have gregtech and has tinker's construct is ftb 1.5.2 ngt if you want it just click on the private packs butoon on the launcher and type 152ngt
I think you should change the question from the poll it's like "Do you prefer 1 or 2?" and the answers are yes or no

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
The only modpack i know that doesn't have gregtech and has tinker's construct is ftb 1.5.2 ngt if you want it just click on the private packs butoon on the launcher and type 152ngt
I think you should change the question from the poll it's like "Do you prefer 1 or 2?" and the answers are yes or no

the poll basically is a yes or no as it is, altho i wanted to give people a chance to plug their own private packs if they had one they thought would work well for it. I may change the text a bit to reflect that better perhaps? the space is so limited on polls tho. a heck. I'l simplify it. don't wanna confuse anyone.

I'm currently looking into rp2 logic alternatives, and both the private betapacks have rednet. it reminds me strongly of the PLC's i used to play with in school, so learning those should be a fairly straightforward thing. altho i do enjoy making circuits.... looks like imibis is making a straight RP2 logic replacement, so I might use that in conjunction to the rednet from MFR.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I would say make your own lots of mods are ready or very near stable release now for 162, this way if required you could still add new mods as you see fit or they come online so to speak, plus you have total control of how & what to use & configure as required, my self am testing 162 stuff & seeing more & more pop up each day, while mod pack is the easy answer is it best for you only you can say & then you are not in full control really as you will have to wait for pack updates at times, but the flip side is any one that wishes to play along can use the same pack.

Also you could try contact Dave to see if RR is available to you for use.

Really its up to you in the end.

Reactions: Antice

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I would say make your own lots of mods are ready or very near stable release now for 162, this way if required you could still add new mods as you see fit or they come online so to speak, plus you have total control of how & what to use & configure as required, my self am testing 162 stuff & seeing more & more pop up each day, while mod pack is the easy answer is it best for you only you can say & then you are not in full control really as you will have to wait for pack updates at times, but the flip side is any one that wishes to play along can use the same pack.

Also you could try contact Dave to see if RR is available to you for use.

Really its up to you in the end.

yeah. If i make my own pack, i could share it to my viewers, (the few i have) trough the private modpack system maybe. so sharing the pack is not out of the question. once i am committed to a new series i would actually prefer to not add new things for a while, since updates tend to break more things than they fix unless one makes a new map in many cases.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah true then you will have to wait a little until the main stream mods are all stable version that should not be much longer, & apply to the staff to have the pack/code added, what ever way you decide I wish you best of Irish luck with your endeavor, no way you could fail now o_O.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah true then you will have to wait a little until the main stream mods are all stable version that should not be much longer, & apply to the staff to have the pack/code added, what ever way you decide I wish you best of Irish luck with your endeavor, no way you could fail now o_O.

Failure is always an option ;)
But hopefully we will see stable main stream mods soon(tm)