Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Your mod doesn't make any more sense because you make it teired.

I disagree. RotaryCraft is a perfect example of how tiers in a mod make it make more sense the farther you go. If someone can't grasp the concept of a simple gasoline engine, then there's no way they will understand how to run something like the extractor, which has varying minimum requirements for each stage.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I can't speak on RoC. But I don't understand the ground level. I don't need teirs... I need a start up wiki.[DOUBLEPOST=1406579311][/DOUBLEPOST]Does RoC have a tiered research? If it doesn't would that help understand Reika? lol

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I can't speak on RoC. But I don't understand the ground level. I don't need teirs... I need a start up wiki.[DOUBLEPOST=1406579311][/DOUBLEPOST]Does RoC have a tiered research? If it doesn't would that help understand Reika? lol

It doesn't have research. It has a handbook which explains everything.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Maybe it is in a league of its own... Whats the reason for tiers in TC, GT, iguanatweeks, etc.? Yeah... its not because you don't understand whats going on. Sometime I plan on walking through RoC, as it seems very intriguing. Problem, and once again it's more just a me thing... not that RoC is bad or anything, is that I don't like huge extended projects. I didn't like GT. If I'm right, RoC is GT x10 as far as time investment and large scale everything.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it is in a league of its own... Whats the reason for tiers in TC, GT, iguanatweeks, etc.? Yeah... its not because you don't understand whats going on. Sometime I plan on walking through RoC, as it seems very intriguing. Problem, and once again it's more just a me thing... not that RoC is bad or anything, is that I don't like huge extended projects. I didn't like GT. If I'm right, RoC is GT x10 as far as time investment and large scale everything.
Actually, I'm going through it faster than I ever have with any mod(s).

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
You may be thinking of another mod, because GT takes 50x more effort time and large scale machines then RoC.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand your perspective. I wouldn't compare RoC with GT, not to personal experience with the mod but just from what people I respect have said about it. Everything else you said I 100% agree with.

From what I gather from robots as they're implemented currently is that the only way to speed them up is to spam them. At that point I may as well do it myself.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
When I was a younger, newer player I had no issue figuring out BC by myself. It is a VERY simple mod with the exception of gates, and frankly this does not help people learn functionality.

It was a simple mod. Then they added tiered pipes and engens that are effected by what biom it's in. And now robots that could eat your world. If you can figure them out. Cause they all require knowing how to use gates.

And you did not figure them out your self. You used a wiki or a video just like every body else.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, doing some alpha testing for the 1.7.10 release of ShneekeyCraft, and I find a most disturbing thing...

The Mekanism Electrolytic Separator now requires 4kJ/t to run. This pretty much makes everything that requires either Hydrogen or Oxygen completely non-viable until you have Big Reactors up and running. That translates to 1600 RF/t, by the way.

Oh, and zero config options to change this. Naturally.

I was planning on using Mekanism as a keystone mod for my pack. Not so much any more.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So, doing some alpha testing for the 1.7.10 release of ShneekeyCraft, and I find a most disturbing thing...

The Mekanism Electrolytic Separator now requires 4kJ/t to run. This pretty much makes everything that requires either Hydrogen or Oxygen completely non-viable until you have Big Reactors up and running. That translates to 1600 RF/t, by the way.

I was planning on using Mekanism as a keystone mod for my pack. Not so much any more.
There are config options to change it, at least in 1.6.4.
Or did I misinterpret what @Padfoote said when changing Mek configs?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There are config options to change it, at least in 1.6.4.
Or did I misinterpret what @Padfoote said when changing Mek configs?

No, there are configs in 1.6. I was able to change the power consumption of everything as well as how much power was created by each generator. For 1.7 though, I have no idea.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

It's incomplete. Check this out for an explanation.
https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/1037