Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
If we're talking about other magic mods interacting with witchery, I think it would be interesting if Blood Magic had a way to invalidate all taglocks and items linked to you by doing something with your blood like replacing/filtering it.

Reactions: Padfoote

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
The main "OP" aspect that witchery has over other mods is the ability to tag-lock and harass you. As the author himself stated, he's going to change that. Besides that, most of the power in witchery is no more overpowered than other magic mods- They all add some kind of magic that give titanic, orders of magnitudes more powerful offensive and defensive capabilities.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The main "OP" aspect that witchery has over other mods is the ability to tag-lock and harass you. As the author himself stated, he's going to change that. Besides that, most of the power in witchery is no more overpowered than other magic mods- They all add some kind of magic that give titanic, orders of magnitudes more powerful offensive and defensive capabilities.
The taglock thing isn't even an issue if you play on servers with a small group of friends.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The taglock thing isn't even an issue if you play on servers with a small group of friends.
Lots of people don't or can't use this option, that's why it's a huge issue. I always saw that mechanic as being too invasive. The only way to stop people from harassing you is to use a mod that you may not have ever wanted to use.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Who? The name sounds familiar. But all It reminds me of is absence, disappointment and obsolescence.
I'd hardly say obsolescence. RP2's frames and item routing devices are hard to match despite the general functionality of certain systems. FMP is awesome, everyone wanted multiparts. Project: Red did the wire and logic gates fairly well. There are mods which can move blocks, but few with the functionality and versatility of RP2. And darnit, I always wanted to make an automated crane quarry. The Tubes mod is nice for item routing (as are ExU transfer pipes), but it's not really a proper substitute.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam is back!
Smalfut.jpg

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Heh. When I heard Elo was back I went to check her Twitter, and it was being hammered so badly I couldn't access it.

Side note: Eloraam being as incredibly talented as she is, I am sure she will make positive contributions to the present modding scene. RP2 was a lesson in excellence when it came out. And don't forget she is partly responsible for the Forge ore dictionary, something I think you are all grateful for today ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss and 1SDAN

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Side note: Eloraam being as incredibly talented as she is, I am sure she will make positive contributions to the present modding scene. RP2 was a lesson in excellence when it came out. And don't forget she is partly responsible for the Forge ore dictionary, something I think you are all grateful for today ;)
I don't know if re-releasing RP2 (of RP3, maybe) is a good idea, though. I mean, look at what the mod actually did and what we have now. Everything in RP2 has been recreated, and its most useful features are either duplicated by several mods better than the original (microparts, logic gates, red alloy wire, frames) or are largely irrelevant in today's modded environment (sorting, which has also been replaced by Mek).

That's not to make light of RP2's greatness, as it was the first in all these areas, but is there really anything in RP2 that at this point is actually useful?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I don't know if re-releasing RP2 (of RP3, maybe) is a good idea, though. I mean, look at what the mod actually did and what we have now. Everything in RP2 has been recreated, and its most useful features are either duplicated by several mods better than the original (microparts, logic gates, red alloy wire, frames) or are largely irrelevant in today's modded environment (sorting, which has also been replaced by Mek).

That's not to make light of RP2's greatness, as it was the first in all these areas, but is there really anything in RP2 that at this point is actually useful?
There's still nothing quite like frames for making tunnel bores. MFFS3 tries, but it is kludgy. None of the other frame-likes come even close.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
There's still nothing quite like frames for making tunnel bores. MFFS3 tries, but it is kludgy. None of the other frame-likes come even close.
I would imagine RIM would work almost as well as RP2 did, if not just as well. And since the drama nightmare for RIM has been resolved via a new author, that's actually an option.

Reactions: Padfoote

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
That's just it though.. It was a bug he never really wanted to promote... But he knew it was a glitch people loved, so he made it a patreon goal, but wanted to make them pay a high price for it. It was fairly powerful on it's own, but when it interacted with other crop helpers... Well it went unmatched.. He was thinking about doing what you suggested originally, but then he decided he didn't like the glitch as a whole...
Okay, what was the watering can bug?