Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know, if you could do the Force Bags with the input/output cards that doesn't require Force and has some other upgrade mechanic... it would be a very wonderful thing.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I always hoped someone would make a starting bag mod. the server owner or modpack developer can set it so a new player would receive this bag upon loading the world.
in the bag there are items that can be configured through configs, this way a server owner or a modpack developer can give starting items to players without overflowing their inventory.
but the bag is similar to a dartcraft spoils bag, you can take items out, but can't put them back in, this way you can take out the items you need, and leave the rest in the bag for later.
I really like this idea, not only for this purpose, but a disposable bag could also come in handy with HQM aswell. I used redpower backpacks but by the end you have massive amounts of bags to keep.. it's nice.. and I don't mind being nice, but it kinda goes abooooove that to a point of being silly.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this idea, not only for this purpose, but a disposable bag could also come in handy with HQM aswell. I used redpower backpacks but by the end you have massive amounts of bags to keep.. it's nice.. and I don't mind being nice, but it kinda goes abooooove that to a point of being silly.
I don't mind, as long as it doesn't reach the point of EE2 with bags inside of bags inside of bags inside of... *twitch*

Reactions: Padfoote

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind, as long as it doesn't reach the point of EE2 with bags inside of bags inside of bags inside of... *twitch*
someone could do that already, but with bags that actually stay in ones inventory.. it's just as much a hassle for said person though... However they do have the ability to copy said item exactly... so I guess after setting up said perfect bag, set up in such a way, they could do that...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So far, I've found the forestry backpack system to be the most balanced of the storage extensions. A given backpack holds very large quantities of a group of related items. If anything, it is too hard to specify the grouping -- for example, (different mod pack) being able to say that 24 different types of stone can be grouped with vanilla smooth stone and stored in one space, or that a decoration bag can hold stairs and slabs of every kind (and there are LOTS of them in lots of mods).

Beyond that, there's no way to make more/new backpacks as your mod collection grows (for example, a backpack specifically for all the rotarycraft stuff.)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
So far, I've found the forestry backpack system to be the most balanced of the storage extensions. A given backpack holds very large quantities of a group of related items. If anything, it is too hard to specify the grouping -- for example, (different mod pack) being able to say that 24 different types of stone can be grouped with vanilla smooth stone and stored in one space, or that a decoration bag can hold stairs and slabs of every kind (and there are LOTS of them in lots of mods).

Beyond that, there's no way to make more/new backpacks as your mod collection grows (for example, a backpack specifically for all the rotarycraft stuff.)
Yes there is. It's called Dartcraft

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I loved that you could dye your RedPower linen bags. What about a bag that can be renamed (in an anvil or by another mechanic)?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
*trajing claps
The best part is, you can upgrade the size. You can upgrade it until it holds as much as a diamond chest. Which is nice because there is no Iron Backpacks.
The Brad####'s backpack mod is probably worth looking at, his are upgradeable which is pretty cool, and highly configurable. It also has a core mod that makes inventories take up separate sections of the screen so you can look at a chest, your inventory and your backpack at the same time.
Not sure what the particular numbers in the name actually are.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft bags and bags in the backpacks mod can be shift-right clicked to open a name change GUI (you can also change the colour in the Dartcraft one). Ender pouches can also be renamed in an anvil which is useful. Direwolf20 should do it.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2677685-cyanidexs-project-retexture/
This is a really great idea and project! What does anyone else think? Stepping on too many people's toes?
I think although a few might argue that it's a matter of taste, most mods with bad textures know well that they have bad textures; for the most part, programmers are not artists.

I may have some debate with his sense of aesthetics, or know others who would, but is that really any different from any other texture pack? The only difference here is that he's focusing his efforts on the areas he feels improvement is most needed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
As fare as I can see that's just a texturepack. Nothing more. Why would mod devs care more about that one than any other tex pack?
He is the new texture artist for BC. He isn't making a texture pack he's making new textures for mods. That means that modders can use his textures if they prefer allowing them to focus more on code than texturing. The modder may not want those textures so he will also put them up as a texture pack.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Why I thought of the "toe stepping":
His goal is in fact to replace the default textures of mods, not just provide a texture pack (texture packs are either themed or different res, this is just better default)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Why I thought of the "toe stepping":
His goal is in fact to replace the default textures of mods, not just provide a texture pack (texture packs are either themed or different res, this is just better default)
I dunno about that; maybe the major ones are, but there are plenty of packs out there that are pretty much "I made a bunch of textures I like" - they just aren't, generally, five-star material. Many of them are default res.

That aside, look at those textures. They're totally themed.

"Replacing the default textures" is exactly what a texture pack does. You're overthinking this one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk