Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Main issue for me in this case is he will not stop doing it for a thread with over two hundred pages, so the necro is months old at best. A necro ever once in a while with some type of reason (like a post showing off your build on a long inactive thread for showing off builds) doesn't really bother me.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Still, it brings up discussions that's more interesting than the constant stream of nothing this thread has been getting for the past week

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have no problem with posting things that are old so long a they are relevant or the thread is dead and they are trying to restart a useful discussion, but what SadGhoster is doing is rather less defensible, being injected into the middle of other discussions and the fact he increased the frequency when asked to stop.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he was just going through the thread?
Hey, that's what I've been doing for the past few weeks! :D

Because that might require work, which as we all know, makes the people at Mojang cry and wet themselves.
Just because Mojang isn't adding the things YOU want...

(BTW, sorry for reposting all these old quotes, I'm simply reading through the thread until I get to the end, and responding to the posts I feel like. I apologize as I can see this has caused some annoyance, and I will try to do it less. Meanwhile, 101 pages to go...)

S***!

1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif
OK, I JUST SAID I WOULD TRY TO STOP, BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH WAY HARDER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Give it all to Potato-chan, she knows how to make the sads go away. :D

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1SDAN

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Mag? Lame.. I use mag prime! ;) (I should try to avoid making the potato mad, but I couldn't resist)
At the risk of angering the potato, I haven't gotten far enough on my account to farm her parts. So I'm still limited to plain old vanilla Mag. I'll be switching to Mag Prime as soon as I can build her, obviously. Mesa and Nova are going to be fun too (not so much to farm). Wonder if I'll like Frost, Rhino, or Valkyr more for the "tanky/melee" role. Oh and of course Trinity. Because I'm a healer in every OTHER game that has that as an option, may as well see if I'm any good at it in Warframe, and if it's any fun for me :p

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
For a $6 game, they better have a good reason, because unwillingness to spend that amount of money on an entertainment object for a child - especially one which provides as much entertainment as a game like Minecraft does - is rather hard to justify, and the most common non-monetary objections I can think of ("we don't let our kid play games") are not good parenting.
My folks hate MC, mainly because of three reasons
1. It doesn't have levels/a real end
2. It's worthless and doesn't let you do anything in real life (lately they've taken to yelling that at me as some passive-aggressive way to hint that I can't see the difference between reality and fantasy[which isn't true])
3. They tried it on the Xbox edition and didn't understand how "use one joystick to look around, use the other to move around" worked.

. . . I thought it was normal for one parent to ground the other and . . . that a party was where people went and did drugs.
Did you not have TV? If you did, I feel as if this would have been cleared up a long time before.

Also, congrats on being one of the few people with more controlling parents than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Did you not have TV? If you did, I feel as if this would have been cleared up a long time before.

Also, congrats on being one of the few people with more controlling parents than mine.
Just don't tell your parents anything.
My parents knows less than 30% of what I do during my day. It's my time, my day, my business, not theirs.

Now that I'm reflecting on this, I am a teenager, so this might be normal :D

Reactions: gold49

jss2a98aj

Jul 29, 2019
At the risk of angering the potato, I haven't gotten far enough on my account to farm her parts. So I'm still limited to plain old vanilla Mag. I'll be switching to Mag Prime as soon as I can build her, obviously. Mesa and Nova are going to be fun too (not so much to farm). Wonder if I'll like Frost, Rhino, or Valkyr more for the "tanky/melee" role. Oh and of course Trinity. Because I'm a healer in every OTHER game that has that as an option, may as well see if I'm any good at it in Warframe, and if it's any fun for me :p
You should send me a friend request on warframe so I can help you farm for stuff (my wf username is the same as here on ftb fourums)

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
For this, to cut down on the amount of necro-quote posts, I have decided to simply multiquote multiple posts and post them all in a single post here.

. . . it is hard to teach someone when they spend most of the time on their iThingy.
iThingy
+100 Awesome Points

Yeah, I knew how reproduction worked reasonably well at the age of 4 (intercourse made NO sense before puberty though. It was like "I get that guys produce sperm, and it meets with the egg inside a woman's womb, and the baby grows over 9 months... but why would any sane person want to stick that in there?")
I felt the exact same way at around 5.

Oh I have. It still scares me what they do though...I mean really...WHY IS THIS NOT A FUNCTION MOJANG. I just don't understand the reason behind their bad code, at all
From this I learned there are two types of people on opposite sides of the MC community: Survivalists, and programmers. VERY FEW are in both groups. Half are saying "1.8 is stupid it adds so little stuff for survival and there's nothing good in it and if you mention commands f*** you" and then the programmers are saying how horrid Minecraft's code is.

By the way, one of the LARGEST projects for 1.8 was fixing the code, and they'll be working on that for 1.9 as well.

Well, my new version checker is getting so much hate that I got an automated "you got downvoted a lot, you might want to be careful" message on reddit... :confused:
After I read that, I realized you had a lot more supporters than I had previously thought (my old thought was that 99% of the community hated you for your mods/your ToS/something else that doesn't matter).

I took down GlassGaming, Fireball took down Serendipity, a third was taken down by someone else; the big pay-to-win servers are falling. :D
For some reason this gives me a huge sense of satisfaction.

The (not at all) bountiful update!
Please reference my above text about how 1.8 was mostly devoted to fixing the horrid code.

Let me tell you a bit of a story. For most of my life, the number of friends I had could have been counted on the fingers of a fish (read: zero).
Then, one day (around grade 7, if I remember correctly), a miracle! Someone who was nice to me!
Fast-forward two years and I find out that they were not a friend at all, they were working to keep me isolated and friendless and destroy my self-image, and their ultimate goal - proudly confessed to me - was to get me to kill myself.
When experiences like that are not a crazy outlier, but fairly typical of the sorts of relationships people have to you (though fortunately there were only three with that end goal), you very quickly develop issues trusting others you do not know extensively well.
SEVENTH GRADE!? SEVENTH GRADE!? There was a person, who devoted his time with you, for two entire years, just to do this!? Their ambition in life was to keep you a loner with low self-esteem and get you to KILL YOURSELF!? Why would ANYONE do this for two entire years!?

I don't say this often, but that person is a motherf*cking c*cksucking a**licking b*tch-whipping d*ckhead, and I want to punch his/her face in multiple times.

*/kill-9 the plugin*

It's for the best, really. </bofh>
I wonder if this is foreshadowing for all the hate I inadvertently created by quoting these old posts.

You're quoting posts from over 100 pages ago.
And that was the only reply I ever got. No source, no website, no link, no place to see the image...

since this thread is almost 200 pages, that must be one very good/bad thread
At the moment I hadn't read most of the posts in this thread.

Two elusive point with vinilla maps:
  • 90% of vinilla maps are with signs that tell you what to do, and are bad. The good to bad ration is around 1 to 10. So, yes most maps are as described. Also as the post said I used to play a lot of vinilla maps. I know the difference between the bad ones and good ones. The good ones still use signs. Command blocks don't make a difference, they still have signs.
  • There is a whole community producing bad maps. Once again just because good stuff comes from quality makers doesn't make the bad stuff disappear its still there

*cough *cough he said some, so yes they are just parkour maps, it doesn't change anything.

Also:
  • What you said was out of context not taking the earlier stuff of the argument into consideration
  • Don't start an argument with um on the internet in every context people take it as offensive. Mostly because your trying to prove hem wrong so you are now their arch nemesis. :p
  • I think that post was from around six months ago, people can get real irritated when you take something small they were mistaken about that long ago (Not saying I was wrong :p)
-It's true that most of them are bad, but the bad ones tend not to get popular. It's like saying how 90% of video games are bad. It's true, but most of the games that get popular are quite good. (not an invite for people to assert how CoD4 or whatever is bad because of its large fanbase)
-Command blocks DO make a difference, a very large difference. I'm actually thinking of creating a "Really idiotic things that people have said about VANILLA Minecraft" on MCF and post quite a few posts just like that one. The words "Command blocks don't make a difference" physically hurt my ears, half my work in Minecraft is command blocks.
-He called them adventure maps that make you do jumps. Parkour maps and adventure maps are very different genres. Not all maps are the same.
-I did not mean to take anything out of context, and I apologize if I did that.
-I don't do that, and I only try to prove people wrong occasionally. :D
-As seen here, it's obviously still people's opinion now, no matter what the original post was from.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You should send me a friend request on warframe so I can help you farm for stuff (my wf username is the same as here on ftb fourums)
Heh, it's more "other things take higher priority" than "can't farm the parts". I only play warframe every week or so, and I live with a guy who plays it... a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.