Re ftb private server on pc cant relocate ftb-server folder

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I have ftb server installed on my laptop, the folder is on the desktop and works perfect. Previously on a previous install i had the folder in my c/ programs folder.
If i cut and paste the ftb- server folder from the desktop to c/ program files it opens the black window, bit not the white one.

I have a feeling there is something i ned to do when i relocate this folder......cant think what though

Help please.....

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend you avoid manually copying anything to the c:\program files\ subdirectory. In Vista and newer Windows releases, the user does not have write permissions in that directory, for security reasons. If you force your way into it with admin privileges, you can still write there, but you are circumventing system security measures and you also may end up with a program that doesn't work correctly.

Use a different directory, like c:\feedthebeast\ and see if the issue persists. If not, then there was your error!

If you still get the same error, you need to provide a better error description. Ideally you should do this in the tech support forum, where this thread belongs.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Hi will try that, thanks.

However, until last week it was running perfectly in c/ programs folder. I had to start again , as the ftb folder became corruoted somehow, after playing for months.......all i did previously was cut and paste.

I just thought that there might have been a procedure or certian order to do this which I had forgotten....

Cant believe that i laughed at the original minecraft , saying how blocky and horrible it was. Now my son and i are writing our own logger program and my son is learning computer programming without really realising it....its so,much fun...

Just thought, maybe if i cut and paste in safe mode it might work....will,try that also....

The tech support forum you mention, is this the first one in FTB just called support ???